World Cup Squad

If they pick Shaun Marsh I'll be very very mad.

char_56553.jpg

I really can't see how Lynn would make the side. Has never played an ODI before, his form though solid does not demand selection and his career one day stats aren't special.

Has a lot of talent and should definitely be given a go, but the World Cup isn't a very good starting point. For all his faults, and there are many, I think Maxwell is the right choice.

The squad won't be too far away from this:

Clarke (c)
Bailey (vc)
Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
S. Marsh
M. Marsh
Maxwell
Haddin
Johnson
Cummins
Starc
Harris
Hazelwood

I'd like to see Lynn come in for S. Marsh, but I doubt they will considering Lynn has yet to debut for Australia. They could possibly go with Doherty (although I hope not) for one of the quicker bowlers. I really dont rate Maxwell, but they'll pick him.

New rules allowing any injured player to be replaced mean both Clarke & Harris are likely to be selected.

They haven't picked Harris for three years- why now?

They haven't picked Harris for three years- why now?

They haven't picked Harris for 3 years because of his injury history and wanting to keep him fit for tests. He'd be ideal for a WC only having to play the big games and you could rest him for long periods with games against the weaker nations. He'd be nice a fresh then for QF, SF & F.

Harris will be on ice for the upcoming ASHES IMO.

Harris will be on ice for the upcoming ASHES IMO.

Agreed, but with a 15 man squad I reckon the Aussies will take a punt with him. He only has to play Feb 14 (England) Feb 28 (New Zealand) March 8 (Sri Lanka) QF (March 18,19,20 or 21) SF (March 26) & Final (March 29) That's 6 matches in a month and a 1/2 I reckon that's a load he can handle. Also he can be put on ice for the Windies tour pre-Ashes.

Yeah he'd have to bowl 50 overs for the tournament. He will bowl more than that in the last two tests.

Agreed, but with a 15 man squad I reckon the Aussies will take a punt with him. He only has to play Feb 14 (England) Feb 28 (New Zealand) March 8 (Sri Lanka) QF (March 18,19,20 or 21) SF (March 26) & Final (March 29) That's 6 matches in a month and a 1/2 I reckon that's a load he can handle. Also he can be put on ice for the Windies tour pre-Ashes.

I don't disagree with you but that is how I see it unfolding. We do have plenty of quality bowlers for short form cricket. Maybe Harris will convince the selectors to pick him.

They haven't picked Harris for 3 years because of his injury history and wanting to keep him fit for tests. He'd be ideal for a WC only having to play the big games and you could rest him for long periods with games against the weaker nations. He'd be nice a fresh then for QF, SF & F.

They could have done that for any of the one day comps over the last three years.

He's pretty confident he isn't in the 30 named already.

Word is they will go with the young quick attack and Harris won't have a place. He will be playing Shield Cricket and getting ready for the Ashes.

Australia's Cricket World Cup squad: Michael Clarke (c), George Bailey (vc), Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Shane Watson

Doherty is useless, can't believe he's been selected. Passenger.

Foxtel will have a 24/7 ICC World Cup channel, with all the games live and in HD! :rockon:

I'm not a big Cricket fan, but I don't mind watching it either... unlike fumble ball or yawnion for example.
I will actually go out of my way to watch the Ashes when I can, the Boxing day test too, and I will certainly enjoy the World Cup.

I have honestly too little knowledge to enter discussions about it, hence my lack of participation in the topic...

Doherty is useless, can't believe he's been selected. Passenger.

I don't mind Doherty as a limited overs player. He was hopeless at test level but I think he is a fairly reasonable player in the shorter format.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.