World Cup Teams.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
A SHOULDER injury has put Justin Hodges' World Cup hopes on a knife edge and Brisbane teammate Karmichael Hunt is among the contenders who could replace him.
Australian centre Hodges had scans yesterday for a shoulder problem that restricted him in the NRL finals. The results should be known today.

Hunt, St George Illawarra centre Matt Cooper and Parramatta youngster Jarryd Hayne are in the frame to come into the squad should Hodges be ruled out.

Australian selector Des Morris said last night Cooper was the obvious choice but Hunt's utility value could see him get the nod.

"We already have centre pretty well covered with Israel Folau, Greg Inglis, Joel Monaghan and Brent Tate in the side," Morris said.

Please tell me how Tupou got in ahead of Myles, Ryles, Thaiday, Creagh and co?

He and Fitzgibbon did nothing for most of the year, well Tupou in particular

Fuifui Moimoi and Taniela Tuaki out of the world cup due to ineligibilty issues.

The IRLF or whatever it's called is shooting itself in the foot by not laxing the rules a bit for guys like this.

Hodgo out according to FSN. Will have surgery and may be back in time for Round 1 of the NRL.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Hodgo out according to FSN. Will have surgery and may be back in time for Round 1 of the NRL.

No rush. 2010 would be fine.

lyn said:
A SHOULDER injury has put Justin Hodges' World Cup hopes on a knife edge and Brisbane teammate Karmichael Hunt is among the contenders who could replace him.
Australian centre Hodges had scans yesterday for a shoulder problem that restricted him in the NRL finals. The results should be known today.

Hunt, St George Illawarra centre Matt Cooper and Parramatta youngster Jarryd Hayne are in the frame to come into the squad should Hodges be ruled out.

Australian selector Des Morris said last night Cooper was the obvious choice but Hunt's utility value could see him get the nod.

"We already have centre pretty well covered with Israel Folau, Greg Inglis, Joel Monaghan and Brent Tate in the side," Morris said.

Channel 9 just reported he needs a shoulder reconstruction and will be out for 5 months.

So they call jarrad hayne in (which they probably wont) and he gets pulled out of the fiji squad, that's very unfair if true.

The Rock said:
Yep agreed actually. Once they commit, that's it I reckon.

The International game is going to turn into a farce if they keep this up.

They should make a rule for world cup series. Whatever you are most, you have to play for. So if your parents are both Tongan, you have to play for Tonga. If your parents are English and Australian, you get to choose which one. If your parents are both from New Zealand then you play for New Zealand.

Now that would make the world cup very interesting.

And also a rule, once your selected for a team that's it, you will play in that team.

otherwise any player will say yeah why not, I'll play for another team and if AUS needs be i can just drop out of this team.

Looks like Hunt's been called up.

Apparently jennings and robinson won't be picked.
Hayne has already applied and got the switch so he can NOT switch anymore.
Media reckons it will be hunt or boyd.

0,,6301652,00.jpg

Kerr's set to play a big hand
By Christian Niccolussi
October 16, 2008

WE'VE had Ron Coote and Roy Bull in league, horse racing's Edgar Britt and Adrian Quist in tennis.

Now Ireland have delivered their own wonderfully named athlete, Wayne Kerr.

"As Ma always said to me, she gave me my name for a reason, so it would never be forgotten", Kerr told the Daily Telegraph.

"I've been slagged over it my whole life, but it doesn't worry me. If the Australian fans get behind me because of the name, brilliant. I'll enjoy it."

"Hopefully they'll embrace me. If I can get some game time i'll try and show them it's not about my name but the way I play."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 47,00.html

One in, all in. Who's going to open the (cubicle) door for Thaiday now?

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Rambstien
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
  • Howie
  • Dexter
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.