World Cup venue artist impressions

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thought I'd chuck this in here given it involves rugby league venues... Has anyone seen the concept shots of some of Australia's venues should we win hosting rights to the 2018 or 2022 World Cup?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/photoga ... tedImage=0

Lang Park will remain largely the same with the addition of temporary seating but the concepts for stadiums in Townsville (Dairy Farmers Stadium), Newscastle (Energy Australia Stadium) and Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) look amazing. I also like the look of the upgraded Carrara Stadium and the new venues in Perth and Blacktown.

Oh well it excites me, even though we probably won't win.. I love stadiums icon_thumbs_u

The impressions look really cool. Townsville would be pretty stoked if we win the bid because DFS would get a pretty sweet upgrade.

The new Perth Stadium looks insane with all those shapes and colours.

Why would they bother upgrading Carrara? Why not just play at Skilled?

Carrara's getting upgraded with or without World Cup.

ethos said:
Why would they bother upgrading Carrara? Why not just play at Skilled?

FIFA requires world cup venues to hold at least 40,000 people, pretty sure Skilled only takes about 28k.

Yeah cause there's a little thing called the Gold Coast AFL team on the very near horizon.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Fitzy
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Tmac
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.