VOTE Would you be ok with Lodge as captain?

Should Matt Lodge Be Captain

• Yes

Votes: 85 63.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.6%

• Total voters
I voted no.

I like Lodge but I don't see him as captain.

It wasn't widely reported (perhaps because it was nonsense...maybe not) but one of the final nails in Wayne Bennett's coffin here was him publicly backing Matt Lodge.

The media backlash should have been predictable. Perhaps the Broncos were caught off-guard.

Matt Lodge is responsible for plagues, drought, puppies being killed, famine, little kids crying, fans tearing up their memberships...

Bad, bad stuff.

Sponsors were getting antsy.

In a weird way, to name him captain would probably usher in a new era and a promise that things will be different...

Ok, Ok, I'm awake now. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Brisbane aren't turning over 50 million in revenue if we're going 'up yours' to sponsors.

Off-topic, but it seems Rugby Australia had a view to keep Folau in the game.

Cross your legs fellas and gnash your teeth and say it with me - Rugby Union is more interesting with Izzy still in it.

Qantas, a major sponsor, had a different view.

"What are you doing to make sure we’re not involved in controversy?"

The Brisbane Broncos are a commercial entity. Never forget who owns their arse.

Let's take the sponsors out of the equation for a moment, they are a non-issue.

Do you really care what the casual observer thinks? Does it bother you that your girlfriend or jimmy from down the road thinks Brisbane are a shit club because they have a (former) loose cannon as captain.

I certainly don't care what a random thinks of me or my support for the club. Chances are, if they aren't a Broncos fan, they're probably going to hate us anyway, so let them.
You’re not wrong, people hated Lockyer and he was the nicest gentleman to ever gentleman.

Have to be honest. I'm not sure. He's up there with the first picked every week, and maybe he has the respect of the group, but Tallis is right, it's a desperate look.

Watch Mat Lodge on Grange TV pod cast .
He tells the story of what happened in the USA . He was on pain killers for knee surgery . Took sleeping tablets and then hit the booze with his team mates .

1 night under the influence of legal drugs and he`s never to be trusted the rest of his life ?
They are some high standards .

Watch Mat Lodge on Grange TV pod cast .
He tells the story of what happened in the USA . He was on pain killers for knee surgery . Took sleeping tablets and then hit the booze with his team mates .

1 night under the influence of legal drugs and he`s never to be trusted the rest of his life ?
They are some high standards .

His checkered past extends beyond that night mate. Time to take the blinkers off.

I have watched the saga since the NY rampage .
Looks to be a redemption to me . 3 years a role model and an obvious on field leader .
A guy who grows up and learns to be a better person represents a good role model to me .

But I am curious . Where would I find more info re Lodge`s indiscretions ?

A lot of behaviour problems young people have go away if they abstain from alcohol .

Every single person in real life and not on a message board+ living in NSW. EVERYONE hated on Locky.

Eh, the majority only hated him in the same kind of way QLD hate Tedesco. It doesn’t extend past anything other than frustrations concerning an opposition’s talent.

A lot of behaviour problems young people have go away if they abstain from alcohol .

I'll drink to that.

Images

Last edited:
I give it to last legs Gillo for a year. I don't think he was as bad as some of the talk on here suggests, and gives another 12 months for the young brigade to come through and mature.

I always knew you were the smartest person on here

1-2 seasons
Glenn (C)
Lodge (VC)

2 seasons of
Lodge (C)
Carrigan (VC)

Then:
Carrigan (C)

not sure if its been posted any were yet but whats this news about lodge saying no to the captaincy? apparently said it on a radio show or somthin?

or is this old news

not sure if its been posted any were yet but whats this news about lodge saying no to the captaincy? apparently said it on a radio show or somthin?

or is this old news

Good.

I cant believe we even entertained the prospect of Matt being captain. Really shows where the clubs at.

It was never an option, it was a smokescreen

Active Now

• Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • BruiserMk1
  • theshed
  • Maroon4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.