Wrestling Broncos Are Hypocrites - Bellamy.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wrestling Broncos are hypocrites
Comment by Craig Bellamy

April 10, 2008 THE past week has seen our defensive techniques thrown back into the spotlight.

But, throughout all of the discussion, there have been a couple of events and statements that have smacked of hypocrisy.

The first instance occurred shortly after the Melbourne Storm's win over Brisbane at Olympic Park last Friday. Wayne Bennett used his post-match address to the media to decry wrestling in rugby league.

"The game's rugby league, you tackle people, you don't wrestle," Wayne said.

That would be fine if the Broncos practiced what they preached.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Seems like Bellamy is just trying to offside the NSW Media and shift the focus, not once have the Broncos come under scrutiny for their style of play, they play schoolboy tackling. The old 1-2-3 hold technique. How is that wrestling?

Just another reason why i don't want Henjak at our club

bfoord said:

Do you mean Bellamy? Or are you saying Bellamy is right and Henjak is teaching wrestling at the moment?

ronnyd said:
bfoord said:

Do you mean Bellamy? Or are you saying Bellamy is right and Henjak is teaching wrestling at the moment?

sorry typo, my bad :P ... i did mean i don't want Bellamy at our great club.

I thought Peter Ryan was part time because he was hired to work with the reds, before that he was full time??

nopatience101 said:
I thought Peter Ryan was part time because he was hired to work with the reds, before that he was full time??

Bellamy would have no idea about what is currently going on in the Broncos structure... he's just trying to take the heat of his side and their dirty tactics

Frank the Tank said:
So do the broncos have a wrestling coach?

so what if we do... we aren't the ones creating illegal mannouveres every season.

Frank the Tank said:
Beads6 said:
so what if we do... we aren't the ones creating illegal mannouveres every season.
So thats a yes? Frank doesn't remember a rule about no grabbing a players arm in the NRL?

Again Frank, you miss the point completely. No one said it was against the rules on paper. It's not in the spirit of the game. If you want to watch idiots bash and hurt eachother, go and watch boxing.

Frank the Tank said:
Nashy said:
Again Frank, you miss the point completely. No one said it was against the rules on paper. It's not in the spirit of the game. If you want to watch idiots bash and hurt eachother, go and watch boxing.
Taking a dive isn't in the spirit of the game, yet players are coached to do it.

There is absolutely no way to prove or disprove whether Ennis was in a great deal of pain or not. The wink to me didn't look like a wink, it looked like a knee jerk reaction to a great amount of pain.

Whatever side of the fence you sit on about the "dive" there is only one person who really knows the truth, and that's not you, nor is it me.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Wrestling Broncos are hypocrites
Comment by Craig Bellamy

April 10, 2008 THE past week has seen our defensive techniques thrown back into the spotlight.

But, throughout all of the discussion, there have been a couple of events and statements that have smacked of hypocrisy.

The first instance occurred shortly after the Melbourne Storm's win over Brisbane at Olympic Park last Friday. Wayne Bennett used his post-match address to the media to decry wrestling in rugby league.

"The game's rugby league, you tackle people, you don't wrestle," Wayne said.

That would be fine if the Broncos practiced what they preached.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

so does this sound like a coach that wants to coach the broncos???

spoonbled said:
so does this sound like a coach that wants to coach the broncos???

I wouldn't read anything into the fact he's bagging the Broncos here. He's the Storm and NSW coach right now and is protecting his turf (and rightly so)

Why hasn't he payed out on Ricky Stuart and many others who said just what Wayne Bennett did and rubbished the tackle as well.
Is it because WB did so much bagging of the grapple and got that stopped and now he has been the first to speak out openly about this tackle and bought so much reaction to it?

I am sure the Storm will come up with another dirty tactic in the near future.

Frank the Tank said:
So do the broncos have a wrestling coach?

Even if the Broncos do have a wrestling coach he doesn't teach the players to put you in a headlock, or wrench their opponents arm out of its socket.

I am glad Bellamy had this outburst, because it probably means dickhead won't come to the Broncos.

Spud said:
I am glad Bellamy had this outburst, because it probably means dickhead won't come to the Broncos.

we can only hope he stays away [icon_pray.

Frank the Tank said:
bfoord said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":1hg944ti]So do the broncos have a wrestling coach?

Even if the Broncos do have a wrestling coach he doesn't teach the players to put you in a headlock, or wrench their opponents arm out of its socket.
How do you know?[/quote:1hg944ti]

Well if he is he's doing a terrible job of teaching it isn't he.

Also on NRL on Fox I think Jason Stevens said Chris Walker & an un-named former Storm player admitted to being rigoursly taught how to do grapple tackles and how to hide them etc.

Anybody else see this, I certain I heard this.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.