CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

The comparison between Ponting and Smith is appropriate but numbers wise they're nearly the same.

Smith's 32 100's took 174 innings.
Ponting 32 100's took 176 innings.

Smith 22 first innings 100's
Ponting 21 first innings 100's

9000 Test runs
Smith 174 innings
Ponting 177 innings

The thing I think that puts Ponting over Smith is his form across two formats. Ponting 41/30 Tests/ODI 100's.

Smith is 32/12

The comparison between Ponting and Smith is appropriate but numbers wise they're nearly the same.

Smith's 32 100's took 174 innings.
Ponting 32 100's took 176 innings.

Smith 22 first innings 100's
Ponting 21 first innings 100's

9000 Test runs
Smith 174 innings
Ponting 177 innings

The thing I think that puts Ponting over Smith is his form across two formats. Ponting 41/30 Tests/ODI 100's.

Smith is 32/12
I think longevity will also keep Ponting at the top of most runs for an Aussie, because he started in Aust as a teenager or something didnt he??

Smudge getting that suspension and starting a bit later, probably means he wont have enough games to catch up to Ponting.

Punter finished with an average of 51, but he was cruising along for a fair while at 54-55 after taking the captaincy I think... he was elite and it will take a pretty special career to catch him from an Australian persepctive due to his sheer production of runs and longevity

Prior to this current match Smudge was still 4400 runs behind and 10 centuries... but he's played 70 tests less.

I dont think Smudge has 70 tests left in him unfortunately, but he'd probably need another 4 or so years of test cricket to catch Punter's runs.

Lyon is a massive, massive loss and it will be felt so much but at at the same time, I’m kind of excited to see how Murphy goes being thrown into the deep end. England will plan to smash him, let’s see how he responds. He is or at least looks to be a better bat than Lyon too but that remains to be seen.

Australia to bowl them out by lunch, bay for 2 days and skittle them on the last day

Australia to bowl them out by lunch, bay for 2 days and skittle them on the last day
I hope so but I think momentum has swung England's way after day 2, they're gonna be hard to stop now

Why the **** is the field so spread against Broad??

Jesus I’d be pissed if I was an England fan. No respect for their wicket

Geez they have done well this morning. England aren't out of this but that's an opportunity missed for them.

Unread

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • teampjta
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.