CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

The pitch is doing a bit so I reckon we already have a decent enough score on the board. Ideally Smith and Carey can put on a partnership and get us close to 500 which ought to, barring a miracle from England or wet weather, secure a 2-0 lead.

The thing I'd be worried about as an English fan is the amount of spin extracted from Root on a day 1 pitch.

Geez, England are in a real spot here if they can't turn it around.

This is their new brand of cricket, they tried it on a flat deck doing nothing and got beat, they won the toss on a green top under overcast skies with a few drops pre-game and went into lunch with only 1 wicket to show for it.

If they lose the day today, you would think this game will go to Australia unless something extraordinary happens, 2-0 down at home under this "bazball" style of play.

The English bowlers looked zapped of energy already. Worrying for them given it's only the second test and there's only 3 days before the third test. They'll be in big trouble if their batsmen don't give them a long break in their first innings. Huge opportunity for us to go 2 nil up and potentially face an English attack without Anderson and Broad for game 3.

I feel very privileged to have been able to see Smith’s career. Ponting was an absolute freak at his peak too but somehow, Smith is even better.

Smith is a legend
Warne was the greatest player ever
McGrath was relentless
Johnson and Harris were unplayable at their all to brief peak
Waugh was the man for tough runs when it mattered
Simonds and Hayden destroying England in THAT session
Gilchrist changed what keepers should be
Lyon being an inspiration to all players everywhere

I feel privileged to have seen these players for all / most of their careers. I wonder if we might talk about Head and Green in these conversations one day, no idea yet but maybe.

Scoring on the telly! We saw you scoring on the telly! 🔥
9BDF79A2 8D19 4C08 8955 E1CC0F954637

This Ollie Robinson, fair dinkum..

He is throwing them down at 125 km/h

I tell you what, the Iceland cricket twitter page is worth following. They put some zingers out there

Losing the last 7 for 100 is a shame but maybe it's a better reflection of this pitch. It does look quicker today.

Fuxk this is ugly from stark….almost like he was shit last time he was in England…not that long ago. Seriously, why was he picked? This is seriously hard to watch, didn’t want a guy who has bowled well? Like maybe bolland?

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • barker
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • HVbronco
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • YeahNahMate
  • theshed
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.