CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

****. We are behind now very quickly.

Will be interesting to see if Head still plays aggressive. Hope he does cause he bats best with intent.

Boland will just as effective on this pitch as Neser would have been, the pitch is showing if you get in the right areas that the pitch will do the rest

Labuschagne didn't do too much wrong there, it's just jagged back a long way

100 up for 3 wickets, not a bad effort after being sent in on a pitch doing a lot.

100 up for 3 wickets, not a bad effort after being sent in on a pitch doing a lot.

Anything over 250 puts India under pressure I reckon, never easy to be chasing the game from the get go and I think they will be if that happens

The way Head bats has just immediately put pressure back on the bowlers and they are starting to spray a few.

Smith really struggling here, the ball is really moving now.

Smith really struggling here, the ball is really moving now.
He is doing the right thing and getting in the grind, wouldn’t quite call it struggling on a wicket like this. It’s just inevitable to look like struggling whilst the ball is still talking and the pitch is a bit tricky.

Yep conditions have improved dramatically, time to cash in.

Thakur would be so hard to face. He bowls them all over the place and ever couple of overs pulls out a ripper. You have no idea when that ball is coming.

Aussies reach tea at 3/170. Head 60* and Smith 33*. Head has counterpunched amazingly which is helped a lot because Smith has really got himself bogged down. The reality is though, Smith is still there and that’ll frighten India.

It’s hard to see a way back for India from here, the boys are flaying them to all parts, another 2-3 sessions of this and the game is basically out of reach for India I would suggest

They have to win this the Indians, they finished 2nd in the standing, a Pujara masterclass will only result in a draw

Just having looked it up, a draw means both teams somehow share the trophy. I would have thought the top ranked team would get the advantage in that regard, certainly don’t get home advantage or anything else

What a show that was. Head was by no means perfect but the fact is, he bats so fast and punishes so well that teams get intimidated. It really makes me worry about Bazball too because if you play that aggressive and it comes off, you take the game away from the opposition. Head batted brilliantly and went up and down gears all day.

Smith is just pure class. He got himself bogged down but then just became a wall. Suddenly Thakur started spraying them and because Smith just did what Smith does, when the moment came, he pounced as he always does. If these two get to 350 in the morning, Green et Al can have some fun. Really should be looking at 500 now but India will hit back, so need to weather the morning storm.

Still cannot believe Ashwin is sitting on the bench, what an own goal by India.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.