CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

surely teams start trying out 7-2 offside fields to England and bowling wide as ****. The short stuff doesn’t work in England with their small grounds

Edit: most of their batsmen appear to be weaker playing wide balls through the offside. Stokes being the primary example of an on side billy

Nah our captain tries innovative tactics like bowling outside off with a leg side field or repeated bouncers when they go the journey.

Knowing not to constantly bowl short on small grounds is schoolground stuff, let alone the fkn Ashes

This test is fucked and how the **** do you not have neser play a test yet with the form he is in. Hazlewood sured of never been straight back into the team after the injuries and lack of games he has had.

If the talk I’ve heard is correct ie we are playing for a draw then I hope we get owned

I hope the rain saves us and we retain the Ashes here, because we are no chance of turning the momentum and winning game 5, so a loss here is gonna be a series loss. But man, there's gotta be an investigation into these tactics. I don't think the selections have been that bad, no worse than 2019 anyway. It's just been stupendously bad tactics in the field. Bowling to a regulation field could not be worse than what's gone down these last few matches.

Play to resume in about half an hour apparently

I hope the rain saves us and we retain the Ashes here, because we are no chance of turning the momentum and winning game 5, so a loss here is gonna be a series loss. But man, there's gotta be an investigation into these tactics. I don't think the selections have been that bad, no worse than 2019 anyway. It's just been stupendously bad tactics in the field. Bowling to a regulation field could not be worse than what's gone down these last few matches.

England have committed to this ultra aggressive style of Cricket and when you think about what the makeup of their side would look like if they wanted to play traditional cricket, it really only would suit them currently. Their alternative team/style of play would get wasted.

From time to time they will beat some team and beat them bad and it will look bleak and look like there's no possible way it can be turned around, what we've learned though is that this "bazball" style of cricket has the potential to throw away strong positions in 5 day cricket. It would only take a really strong Day 1 in any particular test to beat England with their current approach. We haven't been afforded that as we've lost every toss and they've been able to bat at the ideal time. Can't say they bowled us out of any game but they've batted us out of one here, due to having the ideal batting conditions.

IMG 1322

At least Australia have given themselves a chance. Even if there is play, Marnus got the team only 61 behind so any lead will also be helpful in adding more time in to the game.

And a shout out to Marsh. He might well have discovered himself as a test cricketer at 31. That could be really helpful during the significant upcoming transition period this side is facing.

This fight does bode well for the fifth test.

But also, that ball change was not like for like. It might not matter in the end but that is unprofessional and basically umpire condoned cheating. They basically swapped a dead ball for an almost new ball.

This fight does bode well for the fifth test.

But also, that ball change was not like for like. It might not matter in the end but that is unprofessional and basically umpire condoned cheating. They basically swapped a dead ball for an almost new ball.
I missed that, what happened?

I missed that, what happened?
Broad pissing an moaning about the ball being dead... mainly because it was getting drenched in the soaked outfield.

Got a ball change from the umps... old ball looked 80 overs old and was doing nothing, umps gave them one with the gold stamp still on it.

They were going the short ball barrage and getting nowhere before that, but as soon as they got the new ball they brought Anderson on who was bowling full and getting a little bit of shape. They tried to bring Wood on next over, but umps weren't having it and forced them to go to spinners due to light.

Broad pissing an moaning about the ball being dead... mainly because it was getting drenched in the soaked outfield.

Got a ball change from the umps... old ball looked 80 overs old and was doing nothing, umps gave them one with the gold stamp still on it.

They were going the short ball barrage and getting nowhere before that, but as soon as they got the new ball they brought Anderson on who was bowling full and getting a little bit of shape. They tried to bring Wood on next over, but umps weren't having it and forced them to go to spinners due to light.

Dukes are hand-made- no two are the same. They go out of shape quickly, last night it went out of shape. To last 58 overs is pretty good for a Duke- In the World Test championship Australia changed it after six overs.

Marnus wanted a look at it because they all have theories on what they will do- darker red, higher seem.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.