CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

I’m having a hard time wanting to acknowledge Stuart Broad at the moment.. solid, durable bowler who went the distance for England and could be incredibly streaky when his tail was up in home conditions.. playing until mid 30s as a fast bowler& taking hundreds of wickets at sub 30 is remarkable..

But the elite verbal shithousery he’s been guilty of along the way rubs me up the wrong way..
I love a pantomime villain in a sports person but not one who tries to discredit an opponent but declaring a result doesn’t count.. play hard, be the biggest prick on the field you want to be if that’s what you need to do but look your opponent in the eye & say we’ll done at the end of the day..don’t say a result doesn’t count because I say so.. that’s weak, childish, ‘taking my bat and ball and going home’ type stuff imo..

Anyway, maybe I’m misinterpreting Broad a bit and all that type of stuff was said in jest
Couldn't agree more.
Add in the spirit of the game is what I say it is.
All the BS around Bairstowe and he has the right to **** around with the bails like he did. Where does that sit in the spirit of the game.

Couldn't agree more.
Add in the spirit of the game is what I say it is.
All the BS around Bairstowe and he has the right to **** around with the bails like he did. Where does that sit in the spirit of the game.
The lack of self awareness and outright hypocrisy from certain elements of England during this series has been infuriating..

What did Bairstow do to the bails?
Broad fucked with the bails.
Marnus was batting well and Broad lifted the bails up and switched them around between overs fucking with his concentration.
He was out pretty much straight after.

It was kinda disappointing seeing Marnus laugh like it was the funniest thing he's seen then out next ball. No problem with Broad doing it but it makes the spirit of the game shit he carries on with look like an even bigger joke.

It was kinda disappointing seeing Marnus laugh like it was the funniest thing he's seen then out next ball. No problem with Broad doing it but it makes the spirit of the game shit he carries on with look like an even bigger joke.
lolwut? They are out there all day, you need to break it up between balls and you often see blokes having a laugh. Smith has been seen shadow batting with opponents bats in breaks of play out there and having a chat, no different.

lolwut? They are out there all day, you need to break it up between balls and you often see blokes having a laugh. Smith has been seen shadow batting with opponents bats in breaks of play out there and having a chat, no different.
Mate there's really no comparison between Smith shadow batting during breaks and Broad trying to break Marnus' concentration mid over. I know the Aussie team seems to do no wrong in your eyes but let's be honest, it worked and Marnus fell for it hook line and sinker.

Mate there's really no comparison between Smith shadow batting during breaks and Broad trying to break Marnus' concentration mid over. I know the Aussie team seems to do no wrong in your eyes but let's be honest, it worked and Marnus fell for it hook line and sinker.
It's the fielding teams job to break the batsmans concentration. You question blokes laughing, and mention the spirit of the game. Jesus christ.

It's the fielding teams job to break the batsmans concentration. You question blokes laughing, and mention the spirit of the game. Jesus christ.
What are you even talking about lmao. I said I'm fine with Broad doing it.

Losing Lyon and refusing to pick Neser despite Boland and Hazle looking cooked has ultimately lost us the series win (barring a miracle innings from smith or Labu in the fourth innings).

Well that and more dropped catches from an Australian team than I have ever seen. This test alone has probably cost Australia around 200 runs. Plus all of the 50/50 LBW calls have gone England's way and this isn't a criticism of the umpires, just the way the luck has gone with those. This is the difference between chasing 400 and 200, HUGE difference. And goodness me, some of those LBW reviews has me seriously doubting DRS. Some of those balls were going at right angles / vertical after hitting

I know I've been very negative but the positives are:
- Australia can absolutely win this but they need to go aggressive, none of this passive rubbish, fight fire with fire
- Australia's bowlers, despite being rubbish at times, have created so many chances / half chances that if England weren't so lucky with where their mishits go and Australia so bad at catching, this series could have been a cake walk for Australia
- Murphy is a gun in the making - he isn't there yet but he has something about him, should have been bowled more and he is a decent batsman, Australia has something pretty good developing in him

Time to start phasing in gen next in the next series, even if Lyon is fit, I'd still be looking at opportunities to giving Murphy tests as well, perhaps with them in tandem. Need to move past Boland as the spare bowler and look at giving Richardson / Morris / Hardie, etc. Hopefully a batsman or two in Shield really announce themselves this season.

What are you even talking about lmao. I said I'm fine with Broad doing it.
You also mentioned it had something to do with spirt of cricket, and you had a whinge about Marnus having a laugh. Both are stupid opinions, IMO.

You also mentioned it had something to do with spirt of cricket, and you had a whinge about Marnus having a laugh. Both are stupid opinions, IMO.
It's the fielding teams job to the break a batsmens concentration, and it's also their job to take wickets including a stumping if the batsmen has left his crease. Broad is fine with one and not the other, so as I said a few posts ago the only issue is Broad needs to drop the spirit of the game rhetoric. You're pretty thick huh?

It's the fielding teams job to the break a batsmens concentration, and it's also their job to take wickets including a stumping if the batsmen has left his crease. Broad is fine with one and not the other, so as I said a few posts ago the only issue is Broad needs to drop the spirit of the game rhetoric. You're pretty thick huh?
You know Broad has an opinion article in the newspaper yeah? You can't understand what he is doing, yet call me thick. OK bud.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Pigskin
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dexter
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.