OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Adios Coates you turncoat scum. Blacklisted and I hope you blow both your hammy's out in your first year with the Storm.
This is as bad as it gets as far as I'm concerned. This little rat talking about how he loves being a Bronco only to defect to the most hated team in the NRL. **** this kid, I hope his career falls to pieces.

So are we ever going to sign anyone? it's great having all this cash and losing all these young players who could become absolutely anything but **** me, at some stage we have to get a few back too

Incredibly frustrating times

Disappointing news and the hits keep coming for the Brisbane Broncos. Xavier was a very marketable young talent and while he wasn't the best winger in the competition his potential was undeniable. In a team that struggled to give him quality ball, Xavier was still capable of some quality plays that should have been beyond somebody his age.

It's a blow in the sense that the Broncos will have to try and form new combinations and direction but on the other hand it wasn't like his 4-18 record made the Broncos a powerhouse. He'll likely become a better player in Melbourne, but the Broncos can recover from this. Maybe not directly but if they put that money towards another position it will likely create more opportunities for the wing.

Still, they have to land someone and if they keep losing players it makes it very difficult to attract players since they won't have any idea what's in store. Since clubs can't just opt to spend less on players for a season or two before somebody of need enters the market, it means they could be looking at some bad signings just to meet the minimum cap, which isn't too far from the limit.

Can we get a mod to fix Sproj's tantrum induced thread title?

So are we ever going to sign anyone? it's great having all this cash and losing all these young players who could become absolutely anything but **** me, at some stage we have to get a few back too

Incredibly frustrating times
Gamble's manager has said he is holding off to see who we sign as halfback. :rofl

I also wonder if the NRL will scrutinize how much a current SOO winger has signed on for..nah jokes, we all know that isn't happening.
more interested in looking into 34 year olds that haven't played NRL for 11 years

This whole situation reminds me of the AFL Lions a couple of years back when they had the "Go Home Five". It turned out to be the best thing to happen to the club. New coach meant (Chris Fagan) meant he could bring in the new, young talent he wanted. Picked up a few surplus players from other clubs and turned them into champions. They went from last to 2nd on the AFL ladder the next year. Whilst I think it may take a year or so I think the talent IS coming and we should not be worrying what a winger is doing. If we can somehow land Reynolds a rebuild would not take that long at all. Add in a cheapie like Widdop you would be surprised how quickly things will turn around. However I do think it is key that we keep Kotoni, absolutely imperative.

5 weeks later has signed elsewhere.

So he was probably in negotiations while making this BS up.

More disturbing is I'm sure he meant it at the time, but a few weeks later he wanted out. That's not exactly a vote of confidence in the Kevolution. Maybe it's related to Dearden. Maybe it's some other friction. Or maybe Melbourne was able to sell him a dream. Whatever the case, it reflects worse on us than him.

More disturbing is I'm sure he meant it at the time, but a few weeks later he wanted out. That's not exactly a vote of confidence in the Kevolution. Maybe it's related to Dearden. Maybe it's some other friction. Or maybe Melbourne was able to sell him a dream. Whatever the case, it reflects worse on us than him.
Still means he's a dishonest shit ****.

I hope the media hit us hard, long and hard. The sooner we get the us against the rest of the world mentality back the sooner we actually dig deep to rectify the perceived injustices. The thin white duke was a master at spinning this narrative when he was here.

Maybe he looked across at his opposite Winger and had a think about what it means to take the best offer financially or the place you're most comfortable rather than being at the place where you can be your best as a Footballer.

I'm gutted to lose yet another one, but we were a club that for many, many years thrived on the premise that we could get guys to come here for less money because we turned them into better footballers and better humans.

Unfortunately years and probably even a decade now of gross incompetence have withered that away, and if you're an aspiring footballer who wants to be the best, it's hard to refute objectively in the cold, hard light of day that the Storm is probably where you should go.

Still means he's a dishonest shit ****.
No it doesn't. Like I said, he probably meant it at the time but circumstances changed. He seems like a really genuine kid to me. He wears his heart on his sleeve. But you could tell he was upset last week. Now we know why.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.