OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

As high as his potential seems to be, its not going to be the end of the world, and if the Broncos can use the money to sign good spine players it will actually be an overall gain. Rugby League is in a very healthy state when it comes to wingers, and there are good ones that can't even make first grade. You might have someone less talented than Coates, but if he's got a better hooker/half/fullback feeding him the ball, it could just end up being more effective. Broncos absolutely shouldn't go into a bidding war. Go all out on tying to secure players in the 4 key positions.

As high as his potential seems to be, its not going to be the end of the world, and if the Broncos can use the money to sign good spine players it will actually be an overall gain. Rugby League is in a very healthy state when it comes to wingers, and there are good ones that can't even make first grade. You might have someone less talented than Coates, but if he's got a better hooker/half/fullback feeding him the ball, it could just end up being more effective. Broncos absolutely shouldn't go into a bidding war. Go all out on tying to secure players in the 4 key positions.
Exactly. You can sign second stringers like Ikavalu and you don't lose much (maybe anything).

If we lose him, they should just book Kevvie a flight to fiji ... i'm sure the next big thing (as a winger) is over there waiting

Arthars to wing; Nui back to centre?

maybe Cobbo into the team somewhere (at least in a couple of rounds when he can be selected)?
I'd be fine with that, anyone who can just be serviceable. Kev needs players who are buying in and happy to be there. Coates looked depressed after scoring trys, not the right energy for the team.

He is gone. Anyone see him after he scored his try last night? Didn’t even crack a smile.

you know, I think i'd rather he take the big money the Titans are reportedly offering for a couple of reasons:

1. because **** the Storm
2. because it means the Titans won't have any cash left to fix their spine and it will be funny watching him continue to miss the finals

Obviously this is a bit of a hard one.
Agree with it or not, Xavier has made this decision imo on how others at the club have been treated ie Dearden and Macca. His two best mates and both were unwanted by the club. I think that probably showed him that this is a business and he would obviously be disappointed that his two mates wont be around come 2022.
I say drop him now, but considering he may be the difference in us not getting the spoon again this year I am a bit on the fence with this one.

It hurts, add him to the list of players we have spent money and time on for him to walk out on us: Fifita, Walsh and now Coates 😔

I'd be fine with that, anyone who can just be serviceable. Kev needs players who are buying in and happy to be there. Coates looked depressed after scoring trys, not the right energy for the team.
That's pretty unfair. He was one of our best.

That's pretty unfair. He was one of our best.
He was one of our best, but as Gamble has proved attitude and energy is so important to any team, especially this one. I entitled, sooky little bitch has a negative impact no matter how good they play.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Spike
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.