OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Ok this is it now. No more worse before better. This is worse.

Only better from here!
Meh, if a winger that can run fast leaving is the bottom I’ll take that. So have you known for a while he was going when you said it would get worse?

In case it wasn't posted yet -

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Annnnnd of course I disagree with the sentiments expressed above.

When he went down that touchline last night I knew he was committed to doing his best for us this year. He absolutely gave it everything and I loved it. I'm sure it will continue until we are no chance of making the eight. After that he can have the rest of the year off and we can use the remaining games to blood a new winger or bring Darius Isaako back to the wing.

Not thrilled he's leaving but good luck to him and I don't blame him one bit. As I've pointed out before an NRL career can end in a single tackle (JYY) and he should wring every single cent out of the game at the highest rate he can. Good luck to him. I hope he has a great career and great games except when the Broncos play him.

No point talking to you young fella.
You know it all
Well you haven't really said anything, you've just questioned me.

So sit down and learn, boy.
I think we probably agree on some points funnily enough and they are:

- Very sad to lose him
- He has made himself look pretty poor with the plea to fans
- He probably does feel really guilty
- He is making the best decision for himself, no doubt
- We are actually benefitting by not tying up that much in a current winger (though he will end up in the centres most likely)
- Our recruitment and retention team sucks
- Kevvie's comments make him look a bit silly
- This will neither make or break us depending on what we do with the money
What part of his game makes you think Coates will be a centre? He will be a career long winger

Ok this is it now. No more worse before better. This is worse.

Only better from here!
Thanks for confirming Joe. Are you impressed with who we are targeting? Don’t have to give names just your view if you like our prospects

and he should wring every single cent out of the game at the highest rate he can
If reports are to be believed our offer was higher. This one left to better himself I believe.

The controlled demolition of the Brisbane Broncos continues at pace - reaching peak speed at the announcement of the NRL's calling for proposals for the second Brisbane NRL team only a week ago.

Reece Walsh, Sam Walker, David Fifita, Xavier Coates, Tom Deardon (named as "the future - someone you can build the cub around) only this year - you wouldn't want a team with that sort of talent firing on all cylinder when you launch a new team - would you!?

No one is this incompetent. No one who rises to the heights of the board or management of the nation's biggest sporting brand.

Note the number of board members either jumping ship or selling shares.

He is an astronomically huge loss. He is the only one in this impotent squad who even looks like scoring. But you can't knock back an opportunity to play for the Melbourne Storm especially when your current club is a total "shit show". It'll certainly be better for his career and he obviously isn't alone in that line of thinking.

The anger on display in this thread tells the story of how damaging this loss is, but this club had made its bed. Now we're lying in it.

That being said, any player that would rather **** off to easy street instead of making up for the wooden spoon they helped deliver isn't the sort of character I want at this club, and won't make me lose any sleep. Byebye.

He is an astronomically huge loss. He is the only one in this impotent squad who even looks like scoring. But you can't knock back an opportunity to play for the Melbourne Storm especially when your current club is a total "shit show". It'll certainly be better for his career and he obviously isn't alone in that line of thinking.
Really? I just don't get it. Yes, he can finish a try, jump for a high ball and he will be a loss but he won't be a huge loss. His offensive play is pretty good, his defensive play is woeful.

The anger on display in this thread tells the story of how damaging this loss is, but this club had made its bed. Now we're lying in it.

That being said, any player that would rather **** off to easy street instead of making up for the wooden spoon they helped deliver isn't going to make me lose any sleep. Byebye.
This is all on siebold the board and recruitment and retention. Good luck Xavier. If we can swap him move him on. Otherwise he keeps his place.

Really? I just don't get it. Yes, he can finish a try, jump for a high ball and he will be a loss but he won't be a huge loss. His offensive play is pretty good, his defensive play is woeful.
For me his defence had improved. At 20 he will be a great buy.

Again put him in the 21 with Dearden and flog them at training, really make them whine, and then only release them to ISC on game day. No match fitness or skills to take with them, more importantly no shapes or match plans to take away.

Your divorce is going to be fun!

Someone (can't remember who) mentioned in another thread how both of his housemates have been moved on this year. I wonder if that also played a part in it. I've always thought loyalty goes both ways, and the club hasn't exactly been loyal to a lot of players they've let go recently. So I can't blame him for leaving if that is the case.
Either way, fix the spine, fix the defence, start winning again and players will once again will want to play for the Broncos.

If reports are to be believed our offer was higher. This one left to better himself I believe.
Oh, I don't believe that for a second. I can believe he wanted to better himself though. If he actually did accept a similar offer his decision would be for other reasons and who knows, they may be personal. I once left my hometown because I was heartbroken, emotionally gutted and just couldn't cope with running into 'her' again when out socially.

I'm not saying that's the case with Coates, I'm just pointing out that there can be a few reasons aside from dollars and cents. Playing for Melbourne is the benchmark these days and playing for the Broncos is already ticked off of the list of lifetime goals. We don't own him and we need to not be jealous and angry bitches. We should accept things we cannot change and find the courage to change that which we can.

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.