OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

You make a some valid points and note that before his decision he was getting hate comments and now they have exploded but how many of you know of the death threats since the Darwin game. My son is good mates with Xavier and the death threats have really shaken him. People are saying his attitude was not up to scratch on Saturday night but how many of you have been bombarded with death threats not sure if some idiot may pull a knife on you???

honestly, when has a death threat ever turned into an attempt at someone’s life?

You make a some valid points and note that before his decision he was getting hate comments and now they have exploded but how many of you know of the death threats since the Darwin game. My son is good mates with Xavier and the death threats have really shaken him. People are saying his attitude was not up to scratch on Saturday night but how many of you have been bombarded with death threats not sure if some idiot may pull a knife on you???
Mate that sucks, death threats and abuse like that is absolutely not ok.
As shitty as it is he is leaving, no one deserves that garbage.

Put simply ,Coates can't be allowed to continue to play for the Broncos.
I would be concerned about his mental health. Brisbane fans will be brutal.
Can't see a positive for the team
Nah let him play a game or two at home to give him a taste of what we really think. You can’t protect people forever, and only letting him come back with his new teammates won’t have the same effect

I wouldn’t play him again this year. What’s the point, won’t be with us next year. Give someone else a shot.

Nah let him play a game or two at home to give him a taste of what we really think. You can’t protect people forever, and only letting him come back with his new teammates won’t have the same effect
I think if the fans give it to him it will sear a resentment int his mind and the memory will still be there when he plays against us next season. Players invariably lift against their old team, but that's just giving the guy added motivation.

Sorry to hear that - that's never ok.

But appears you are a savant given your six post history and that you said he was going a year ago - and have been quite negative. Has the club been that terrible for him?

I think if the fans give it to him it will sear a resentment int his mind and the memory will still be there when he plays against us next season. Players invariably lift against their old team, but that's just giving the guy added motivation.
I don’t think he’s got the fortitude to not let it affect him, at least not straightaway. They always do though, and especially with the Storm, and he turned his back on us, so **** him

I highly doubt he has had death threats and in regards to 'hate' comments is he really that shocked that a clubs fan base would be pissed when he is making sure to have public meetings with the Storm in the preseason after being part of the spooners? What does he expect us to say "Thanks for leaving us Xavier" "so glad you are leaving when things get tough after we have supported you for the start of your career" "Enjoy Melbourne mate, hope you smash us everytime you play us".

Obviously death threats are never ok but maybe you can tell your son too pass on that Xavier needs to grow up if he doesn't like 'hate comments' and next time he can save his 'Bronco for life' and loyalty bullshit when he already has one foot out the door.

Newcastle are in dire need of a half at present and Fraudbold thinks Croft is a half back worth perusing.
I just love seeing the words used all mangled up. Seeplod thinks Croft is worth PERUSING! So he reckons he's worth a look🙂? One of the other posters reckons Coates is one of the competitions best SINGERS. Love it.

I will be at magic round and if that Prick plays I will boo him until I am hoarse. He is a Storm player now so has no part in our team.

I will be at magic round and if that Prick plays I will boo him until I am hoarse. He is a Storm player now so has no part in our team.
Unfortunately knowing the Suncorp crowd there will be a handful of us booing drowned out by the cheering of the most passive fanbase in the entire competition.

hopefully you want need to lose your voice over this ... hopefully he isn't in the line up, Kevvie did seem a bit cut over losing this one

Was interesting listening to Dobbo on triple m this morning. Actually bagged Coates a bit for taking the cash rather than sticking with your mates and digging out of the mess similar to the Reds.
Also said Lodge would be gone within a week or two to Penrith, Reynolds deal is almost done, also looking good for both SJ and Gagai. It is Dobbo though…

Imagine being able to trade an underachieving Milford’s Wage + $300k into Adam Reynolds and Shaun Johnson...

That’s some fantasy league level shit right there. Please make this happen.

Snap up Hodgson and suddenly one of the worst spines in the league becomes formidable.

Imagine being able to trade an underachieving Milford’s Wage + $300k into Adam Reynolds and Shaun Johnson...

That’s some fantasy league level shit right there. Please make this happen.

Snap up Hodgson and suddenly one of the worst spines in the league becomes formidable.
I dont think we could afford all 3.

Arey for $750-$800k
Hodgson probably $600k
SJ probably $700-$800k

Should be able to afford 2. If they get Lodge off the books entirely then maybe all 3.

But that is a large investment for 3x 30yr olds and the loss of Lodge starts to see us become vulnerable in the middle.

It would suddenly provide us with a formidable spine though

Active Now

• Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • simplythebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • westy316
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Volvo Driver
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.