OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Hold that thought Storm, while we pencil a 1M+ deal for Harry Grant.

I don't think we know how to write contracts as we don't keep anyone or bring anyone in.

He isn't worth 500k, not yet anyway.

Clearly has talent, but to be an effective winger I think he needs another 5-8kg on his frame, he is just so weak on kick returns at the moment, which could potentially be an easy fix.

New ceo Dave walks into a meeting with Xaviaer about his contract...
"Xavier, mate, you seem like a nice kid, good at footy and pretty switched-on so let me ask you something. You're going to Melbourne to play under super coach Bellyache hey? I get it he's a great coach and gets the best out of everyone. Also, he's not signed for next year and if he does it will be his last year as coach. And you think he'll have the same effect on players as a coaching director over 1000kms away in Brisbane while You're down in Melbourne? I dono what you expect Xavier but he isnt going to tuck you into bed nor is he going to pat you on the back for letting in on average a try per game. Do you really wanna be around when the club has to transission from Bellamy to a brand new coach? A coach who could genuinly be anyone, possibly a guy you've never even met"

So Xavier, have you actually thought about this decision or are you just blinded by the Bellamy factor? Here's the dotted line you have 48 hours.
Compared to Broncos ‘We are hoping to avoid back to back spoons at the moment, we won on the weekend that’s good I guess. Don’t mind the other guys signing with other clubs, they are just being greedy, nothing to do with the culture at the club or anything else you may have heard.’

To be honest I am pretty off him and would be happy for him to leave. He isn’t the sort of person we need in this rebuild. He was part of the spooners so spent the offseason talking to the Storm then chooses to fly to Melbourne to tour their facilities straight after we have a historic win over the Titans. If he was the kind of guy we need here the only place he would want to be is celebrating with his teammates after this game.

I’m sick of these little pricks and would prefer we pull our offer.

To be honest I am pretty off him and would be happy for him to leave. He isn’t the sort of person we need in this rebuild. He was part of the spooners so spent the offseason talking to the Storm then chooses to fly to Melbourne to tour their facilities straight after we have a historic win over the Titans. If he was the kind of guy we need here the only place he would want to be is celebrating with his teammates after this game.

Would your opinion change if he hasn't been made an offer - like his mate Tom Dearden - and is looking after his future, making sure he has options?

You couldn't blame him for being jaded after what happened with Tom and Macca. Not saying the Club did the wrong thing with either, but you can't expect blind loyalty in one direction only.

In fairness, we played the late game Friday night and he was in the sheds celebrating, didn't seem to be too worried about getting on the red eye.

In fairness, we played the late game Friday night and he was in the sheds celebrating, didn't seem to be too worried about getting on the red eye.
When did he go? I heard it was Friday night.

Would your opinion change if he hasn't been made an offer - like his mate Tom Dearden - and is looking after his future, making sure he has options?

You couldn't blame him for being jaded after what happened with Tom and Macca. Not saying the Club did the wrong thing with either, but you can't expect blind loyalty in one direction only.
Hasn’t it been reported we have offered him 500k?

3 days into the job and he has already come out and said what needed to be said years ago and White never had the balls to.

He needs to keep bringing up the need to reward development and if we lose Coates in the same press release he should announce that we are reassessing our junior development until such times as the NRL want to make it a level playing field.

I don’t understand why clubs aren’t raising this issue loudly and constantly until the NRL addresses it. That there is zero incentive or reward for identifying and developing young talent is bizarre, I can only assume it’s another example of NRL incompetence. That it assists teams like the Rorters, time and time again, is beyond infuriating.

From memory I think Ricky Stuart raised it years ago early on with the Raiders before focusing less on junior development and more on others avenues of player recruitment.

Said it before, the NRL really takes for granted what the Broncos provide for the League.

Hasn’t it been reported we have offered him 500k?

there has been no suggestion anywhere that we haven't offered Coates a contract.

that's something that got made up on BHQ a few hours ago ... Badel would be proud. He'll steal it, but he'd be proud nonetheless

JYY bled Broncos, if this bloke ***** off he's not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.
Nah that's a bit of insult to JYY. He was a weapon in defence and was a pure freak in the air and just about everywhere. JYY would have overtaken Sailor, Lotti and Handcock as our best ever Winger. He was elite from the moment he came into grade.

Storm have a very specific amount they value positions at and they won't go from that. If Coates is leaving it isn't for money because I think our offer would be more.

Storm lose a lot of outside backs, in fact I would bet that it's their most moved on position. They value them at an amount and once they get too good they let them take the big offer elsewhere- Addo Carr like.

They have faith that their next winger or centre comes in and does the job and will do it for 200k moving up until he's worth too much again.

Look at this last game, Ieremia scores six tries in four ISC games, leading try scorer- made his NRL debut ready to be next.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.