OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

He's actually a future centre but even so, he's already a gun winger who has massive potential while imroving every game, plus in a rubbish team, he scores a lot of tries.
Who can’t even defend on the wing yet. I don’t think anyone would argue he isn’t talented or that he won’t become a very good player, but the fact is he isn’t yet and he shouldn’t expect to be paid like he is. We can’t keep paying on potential. They expect to get paid everything before they have done anything and then where do they go for their next deal? Down.

How many tries had Oates scored before his last/current contract?

I've said it before I will say it again, these blokes gave us our first spoon.
If he doesn't want to redeem himself for that, he can leave.
The Broncos will bounce back and these players that leave will be blacklisted.

I want players that want to be here to turn this club around, not mercenaries who jump ship when the going gets tough.
The fact Coates did the same as Dearden tells me all I need to know.
I wish I could like this a million times. I’m sick of these Prima Donnas who think they’re worth a shit tonne of money and yet have achieved exactly nothing.
Don’t want to play for the Broncos? There’s the door, I hope it smacks you in the head on the way out.

I’d rather have a team full of Tyson Gamble’s than these little pissants.

Greg Alexander:

“I would be stunned if Xavier Coates goes to the Storm. The Storm are the type of club that won’t pay big money for wingers, otherwise they’d keep Josh Addo-Carr. In their salary cap break-up and who gets the money at the Storm, it will be their spine. It’ll be Papenhuyzen, Munster and they’ve just signed Jahrome Hughes on a $800,000 deal, and it’ll also be Harry Grant."

“They’ll also desperately want to keep Brandon Smith, but he wants to play dummy-half. They spend their money and fill up the other spots, this is why the Storm have been so good. They fill up players on the rest of the team for players on value money. I can’t see the Melbourne Storm paying half a million which is what Xavier Coates would be asking for. They can’t afford to pay half a million for a winger.”

McHunt

**** i hope Tyson performs well this weekend or there are going to be a lot of posters on suicide watch lol.
I’m not saying he’s the next big thing, I’m saying I like how much passion he has for the game and how hard he was trying last week. I’ll take a team full of players with heart over supposedly talented kids with no ticker.

I’m not saying he’s the next big thing, I’m saying I like how much passion he has for the game and how hard he was trying last week. I’ll take a team full of players with heart over supposedly talented kids with no ticker.
Yeah I know, it’s amazing how far we’ve fallen that everyone is fucking pumped purely because a bloke put in.

Most of the players who came through development and debuted at the Broncos in the NRL era never had a chip on their shoulders or a point to prove, because we never rejected them.

Then look at Slater, C.Smith, Thurston, Cronk, Sam Walker etc. We let most of them go.

Greg Alexander:

“I would be stunned if Xavier Coates goes to the Storm. The Storm are the type of club that won’t pay big money for wingers, otherwise they’d keep Josh Addo-Carr. In their salary cap break-up and who gets the money at the Storm, it will be their spine. It’ll be Papenhuyzen, Munster and they’ve just signed Jahrome Hughes on a $800,000 deal, and it’ll also be Harry Grant."

“They’ll also desperately want to keep Brandon Smith, but he wants to play dummy-half. They spend their money and fill up the other spots, this is why the Storm have been so good. They fill up players on the rest of the team for players on value money. I can’t see the Melbourne Storm paying half a million which is what Xavier Coates would be asking for. They can’t afford to pay half a million for a winger.”

McHunt

Solid point by Brandy.

So then, if he does leave, what kind of indictment is that on the Broncos that an up and coming Qld rep (our only one in fact) wants to leave for LESS money that it would take to stay?

It says he doesn’t think he’s going to get the education he wants.

Greg Alexander:

McHunt
I dunno if I should feel excited about that or disappointed that the Broncos might not be taking the same approach.

Didn’t Coates come out only a few weeks ago and declare he loves the club and wants to be a bronco for life...? Urging fans to stay loyal... Stinks if he’s said all this and then ***** off to our most hated rival ever.

I don’t mind if he goes. His flaws have been well covered by everyone in this thread already.

300k winger or we’ll find someone bigger who can make meters from kick returns for the same price.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Pablo
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Brotherdu
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.