OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

You can't really blame him for wanting out. We shafted his best mate Tom (well that's probably how it looked to him). He's playing outside different guys every other week. There's no captain to speak of, and no one even looking like a candidate. And a rookie coach who's been getting up them constantly. Why would you want part of that?

Meanwhile, Melbourne have been premiership contenders all his adult life, have an abundance of playmaking talent and about five players who would walk into our team as captains.

Oh I would make the same decision but it still hurts so much, he was the one (after Walsh) I did'nt want to leave.

What hope do we have? We have not had one signing, not one player other than Billy Walters wanting anything to do with us.

This really just highlights what a massive fuckwit Seibold was. His whole youth strategy is completely fucked.

He guts the team of senior players so he can bring through a dozen guys that have played less than a handful of first grade games, the team falls apart and then the aforementioned young players abandon ship because playing for a train wreck of a football team is terrible for your development.

I don’t mind.

Anyone we lose aside from some key forwards are irrelevant. He was a young kid apart of a side that delivered one of the worst seasons the games ever seen. All these players are dispensable.

I just don’t get why they talk up the club while signing elsewhere. Must be contractual obligation.

Ah well. I wonder if Big Pete is still doing his disaster time line that he started a few seasons ago.
Must be getting long now.

Less money, (on the cap).

He'll be getting the same or more but it won't make for as many good articles.

Anyways, hope he doesn't play again for us this year if its confirmed.

Coates comes across as an impressionable kid with a lot of growing up to do. Guys like Fifita have probably been in his ear and then he sees his mate Dearden leave as well. The storm must have sold him some bs too. Let’s see how he copes under the iron fist of Bellamy, wouldn’t surprise me if he spends more time in qcup

We must have a bag full of money available now. We should be going after experienced and hard-nosed players to support our younger ones coming through.
Enough with the flash & more of the grit.

This really just highlights what a massive fuckwit Seibold was. His whole youth strategy is completely fucked.

He guts the team of senior players so he can bring through a dozen guys that have played less than a handful of first grade games, the team falls apart and then the aforementioned young players abandon ship because playing for a train wreck of a football team is terrible for your development.
100%, but don't forget the valuable contributions of Morris and White in shafting the coach who was keeping all these blokes confident and happy.

I just don’t get why they talk up the club while signing elsewhere. Must be contractual obligation.

Ah well. I wonder if Big Pete is still doing his disaster time line that he started a few seasons ago.
Must be getting long now.
Good luck badmouthing the club. That's why.

So much for all the talk about sticking together to help turn the club around.
He was already a rep player, we offered more money so will be interesting to find out his reason.
Maybe the pressure/expectations of being a Bronco or maybe he just wants to win games.
At the end of the day he is a winger so the loss isn't too bad , it's more the embarressment the club has become .
Let's just hope staggs pans out and doesn't become a 4 year injury issue. I say that because atm the way our luck is running if it was raining supermodels we'd pick a she man .

On a side note, on 360 last night Reid was saying the Broncos discussed getting Josh Hodgson but it hasn't progressed.
How the **** are they getting info like that literally hours after its discussed.
DD needs to plug our leaks ASAP.

How worse does it get before better **** me , at this rate we will need to replace the hole backline.

I can handle losing coates, but to lose him to melbourne is a joke. There's little point having a salary cap if players are willing to go to "successful" teams for unders, it only ensures those teams remain successful. Then we have the nrl grandstanding about K.Hunts contract with us because of concerns it would not represent his market value.

I can handle losing coates, but to lose him to melbourne is a joke. There's little point having a salary cap if players are willing to go to "successful" teams for unders, it only ensures those teams remain successful. Then we have the nrl grandstanding about K.Hunts contract with us because of concerns it would not represent his market value.

Yep, as much as I do really like Coates, it is what his loss represents that gets me down.

We were the beneficiary of this for many years.

It's embarrassing that the shoe is on the other foot now, but all the club can do is look inwards and figure out how to turn things around.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.