OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

I personally wouldn't believe too much about him signing for less money, similar to the rumour about him going been put into the headlines exactly the same time as staggs signing for 4 more years, its just the media kicking us while we are down.

When we announce a big name halfback signing i guarantee the main headline will be about how failed to keep Ben Teo and he's decided to retire.

I understand why players may leave, but I think in a way it’s probably a good test of character, if they aren’t wiling to re-sign in the bad times & get down in the trenches they probably aren’t going to do it on the field either, which is something we clearly need.

He’s gone.
Either a deliberate tactic to push his price up with the Broncos or he's gone, almost certainly the latter though. I believe I read somewhere due to the cooling off period after a contract is signed both parties are forbidden from confirming they have agreed to terms.

On the bright side if Staggs moves to 6 and Coates is gone, Kev can completely redesign that dog shit right edge. Bring. back Oppa and replace Coates with any random speedster who can stay on his wing and catch.

I find this a weird signing by Melbourne. They have been operating very effectively with cut price wingers and centres for a long time. Why would they suddenly spent a fortune on a wing (potentially a centre)?

Even this year they have been functioning well with guys like George Jennings.
We took Dave from them - not happy Jan.

Maybe he could just sign here for two years and if we are still rubbish, move then

I'll be interested if staggs' signing influences Coates' decision. Are they close?

“Melbourne officials denied any agreement had been signed with the 20-year-old rising star, while Coates's manager Nash Dawson told NRL.com that his client hasn't "signed or agreed anywhere, or even made a decision yet".
Sounds like he will fit right in at the storms
It's all going to plan: he is the next Greg Inglis. Give him two days and he'll be resigned with us.

Can someone tell me why there is such a focus on all the players we have lost, eg Munster ponga etc. Every team loses players, what about tigers? They have lost a heap of good players too🤣
No one cares about the Tigers. The Broncos are Rugby League royalty.

It's all going to plan: he is the next Greg Inglis. Give him two days and he'll be resigned with us.
There’s only one problem...
F66E2DF5 F9D5 47EF BB14 12B699B5FF5E

Yeah but what about Cronulla? I can't imagine their facilities would be top notch
Mate you'd be a dope to believe that. The Sharps are definitely up towards the pointy end when it comes to making sure their performances are enhanced, if you catch my drift. Ol' Flanno knew how to procure the absolute best facilities to keep his squad all pepped up.

I mean they nudge nudge wink wink deliberately and systematically cheated by using banned substances with an in-house drugs programme resulting in Gallen going from being a disgusting grubby stitch-ripping racist piece of shit to an 80-minute disgusting grubby stitch-ripping racist piece of shit and the pride of NSW.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.