NEWS Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos

Courier Mail futurist Peter Badel thinks "Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos," based on an "understanding" that he's "no certainty" to return to the top squad unless injuries prevail. Holy "may have," Batman!

Kotoni Staggs says Coates has not been dropped because of niggling injuries. There must be some other reason:

“Xavier is a good winger and a good player. All I know is Xavier trained well today and his fitness is there. Everything is going to plan with him and hopefully in the next few weeks he can slot back in the team. But he is looking fit out on the field.”

Screen010218Goofy

That's all, folks?

“To play Origin, Xavier has to be good, but at the end of the day, the coaching staff makes the call and he is not playing because of the coach‘s reasons. We don’t want to change our team every week, we want to stick to the same team and changing the team every week isn’t ideal. Hopefully he gets his chance again this season, we have seven games to go so hopefully he can slot in there somewhere in the weeks to come.”

“We don‘t go into any game thinking we will lose. It was 12-all last time coming to the last few minutes and we let them off the hook. The Panthers are one of the best teams in the comp at the moment, but if we can play the way we did last time we can hold them out.”

McHunt

The only way I see Bellamy coaching a Broncos side in the future is if it's some reunion charity match of the baby broncos vs wests tigers.

I'd take Coates back in the side if it means ejecting Isaako.

Isaako does not bring enough to make up for his negative plays.

I think we can all agree this ad sums our thoughts up nicely

Ah the good old days, when all you had to worry about was Jane Carlaw struggling to produce anything resembling intimidation in an advertisement for a sponsor.

Ah the good old days, when all you had to worry about was Jane Carlaw struggling to produce anything resembling intimidation in an advertisement for a sponsor.
First time I ever heard the phrase "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" was in relation to Dane Carlaw. It seems like hubris now that that was our weak link, once upon a time.

the Roosters now want Coates for the rest of the season (apparently also considering Dugan and Copley)

from Rothfield on NRL 360:

They’re desperate for outside backs,” Rothfield said. “They’ve got a couple of days (until August 1 deadline) to sign an outside back.

“They’ve got eight names, they won’t tell me who they are. Josh Dugan is on that list and Cronulla will be more than happy to release Josh Dugan.

“I don’t think the Roosters are interested though. Dale Copley from the Broncos and I spoke to Ben Ikin and he didn’t say they wouldn’t release him. Jorge Taufua at Manly is on the list but hasn’t played any (NRL) footy

“I had heard the Roosters were hopeful of getting Xavier Coates but Brisbane said no way. The reason they won’t release him but will release Anthony Milford is that they save a couple of hundred thousands if Milford goes, but Coates is on nothing. They won’t save anything.”

Honestly, what club would actively pursue Milford for $200k for the rest of the year. I just can’t see any value in it.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Volvo Driver
  • Crom
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Stix
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Rookie Alan
  • marw
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Alec
  • RodF
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.