NEWS Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos

Courier Mail futurist Peter Badel thinks "Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos," based on an "understanding" that he's "no certainty" to return to the top squad unless injuries prevail. Holy "may have," Batman!

Kotoni Staggs says Coates has not been dropped because of niggling injuries. There must be some other reason:

“Xavier is a good winger and a good player. All I know is Xavier trained well today and his fitness is there. Everything is going to plan with him and hopefully in the next few weeks he can slot back in the team. But he is looking fit out on the field.”

Screen010218Goofy

That's all, folks?

“To play Origin, Xavier has to be good, but at the end of the day, the coaching staff makes the call and he is not playing because of the coach‘s reasons. We don’t want to change our team every week, we want to stick to the same team and changing the team every week isn’t ideal. Hopefully he gets his chance again this season, we have seven games to go so hopefully he can slot in there somewhere in the weeks to come.”

“We don‘t go into any game thinking we will lose. It was 12-all last time coming to the last few minutes and we let them off the hook. The Panthers are one of the best teams in the comp at the moment, but if we can play the way we did last time we can hold them out.”

McHunt

Picture this scenario…

It’s Mid June and all of us BHQ members have gone into a coma (probably from having to watch us play week to week) and we all awake at the same moment in the same hospital on the 4th of October.

The first thing we overhear the nurse say upon all of us coming to is ‘gee didn’t Pangai Junior and Coates have a blinding GF performance last night’

We would all be unplugging our life support machines and barging each other out of the hospital, racing to be the first one to line up to suck off Kevin Walters.

It’s quiet incredible the absolute shenanigans and fuckery that can occur in a short period of time in the NRL world if you were to take a bit of time away from it.

There is even an alternate universe where Coates is this years first tryscorer in the GF and TPJ wins this years Clive Churchill to lead the Panthers to their first premiership since 2003

Picture this scenario…

It’s Mid June and all of us BHQ members have gone into a coma (probably from having to watch us play week to week) and we all awake at the same moment in the same hospital on the 4th of October.

The first thing we overhear the nurse say upon all of us coming to is ‘gee didn’t Pangai Junior and Coates have a blinding GF performance last night’

We would all be unplugging our life support machines and barging each other out of the hospital, racing to be the first one to line up to suck off Kevin Walters.

It’s quiet incredible the absolute shenanigans and fuckery that can occur in a short period of time in the NRL world if you were to take a bit of time away from it.

There is even an alternate universe where Coates is this years first tryscorer in the GF and TPJ wins this years Clive Churchill to lead the Panthers to their first premiership since 2003.

Now imagine bhq if milf wins one at Souths/parra.

If he was here, we would love these responses from him. We’re just jelly.
Why are we jealous? I sure am not..
Coates is where he currently deserves to be, out of the 17. He has a lot to work on and isn’t NRL standard at this point in time.
Bellamy is doing what he does best, looking after himself and Melbourne.
Im sure DD has his own thoughts on how his departure/transition to the Broncos went down, especially with Melbourne dragging him into the courts.
At the end of the day Coates is a contracted player at the Brisbane Broncos until Nov 1, 2021.
Brisbane are well within their rights to decline an early release.
If the bulldogs or Sharks come out tomorrow and say they want JAC or Hynes for the remainder of 2021, Bellamy would simply laugh at them.
Bellamy getting a bit of his own medicine, and props to DD & Ikin for standing their ground.

Bellamy should worry about his own mental health once Coates gets there.

I actually have serious concerns for coates’ career anyway. Some of his landings when he leaps for a high ball are ugly as ****. Would not be surprised if he does a jyy early in his career.

It looks spectacular but he's barely caught any, I think his best play of the season was that try saver on Gagai

I cringe everytime he takes a hitup. He runs so upright that he just gets folded easily. Seriously, why hasn't someone got in his ear..

The couple of games Cobbo had you could see he knew that the key on plays 2 or 3 in your own half is to hit the gap, find your front and get a quick PTB.

Coates can't do that yet, he will though if he's going to be in the run on side at Storm.

I get your point but are we really helping them by throwing Coates up as an option for them in a settled side that is the best in the comp?

If I was Panthers, Eels or South’s I would like seeing Xavier line up for the Storm come finals time whilst he learns their system…

but yes, if there is one club we shouldn’t be helping on principle it’s the Storm
We get money / cap space for letting TPJ go early..

I just don’t want us to do any favours for Melbourne after all their stupidity with Donuts. I hope we keep him and don’t play him for the rest of the year.
"This jumper means a lot to me (tears) as a kid I always dreamed about making my debut (tears) and to make it at this club (more tears) it really means a lot to me (sniffle) I've been working really hard to get where I am today and without all you guys being so welcoming and the coaching staff helping me out (sniff) I wouldn't be where I am today. Just wanna thank you all and I'll do you guys proud" Yeah right, just change the shirt and you can trot the same speech out in Melbourne .... next season!!

"This jumper means a lot to me (tears) as a kid I always dreamed about making my debut (tears) and to make it at this club (more tears) it really means a lot to me (sniffle) I've been working really hard to get where I am today and without all you guys being so welcoming and the coaching staff helping me out (sniff) I wouldn't be where I am today. Just wanna thank you all and I'll do you guys proud" Yeah right, just change the shirt and you can trot the same speech out in Melbourne .... next season!!

I've always wanted to be coached by Bellamy and (sniff) well he's gone but (sniff) it was a nice dream while it lasted (cry), I just love this club (sniff), I've always wanted to play under (pause)...who is the coach again?

I've always wanted to be coached by Bellamy and (sniff) well he's gone but (sniff) it was a nice dream while it lasted (cry), I just love this club (sniff), I've always wanted to play under (pause)...who is the coach again?

Thank you. And after playing for New England, San Diego, Houston, St. Louis, a year for the Toronto Argonauts, plus one season as a greeter at the Desert Inn, I'm happy to finally play here in the fine city of Miami.

Minnesota.

Whatever. Shit.

It looks spectacular but he's barely caught any, I think his best play of the season was that try saver on Gagai
Which was a fluke really. I don’t think he believed what happened himself.

Which was a fluke really. I don’t think he believed what happened himself.
I don’t doubt that he can improve in this regard and become a real weapon but so far he’s had about 300 kicks put up for from at the broncos and for QLD and he’s caught 1 of them. He can jump high but the attacking threat is so far a myth.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.