NEWS Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos

Courier Mail futurist Peter Badel thinks "Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos," based on an "understanding" that he's "no certainty" to return to the top squad unless injuries prevail. Holy "may have," Batman!

Kotoni Staggs says Coates has not been dropped because of niggling injuries. There must be some other reason:

“Xavier is a good winger and a good player. All I know is Xavier trained well today and his fitness is there. Everything is going to plan with him and hopefully in the next few weeks he can slot back in the team. But he is looking fit out on the field.”

Screen010218Goofy

That's all, folks?

“To play Origin, Xavier has to be good, but at the end of the day, the coaching staff makes the call and he is not playing because of the coach‘s reasons. We don’t want to change our team every week, we want to stick to the same team and changing the team every week isn’t ideal. Hopefully he gets his chance again this season, we have seven games to go so hopefully he can slot in there somewhere in the weeks to come.”

“We don‘t go into any game thinking we will lose. It was 12-all last time coming to the last few minutes and we let them off the hook. The Panthers are one of the best teams in the comp at the moment, but if we can play the way we did last time we can hold them out.”

McHunt

I’m on the ‘**** everyone else’ side of things.

Pangai and Coates should be in QCup for the rest of the season. Don’t come to Broncos training or the clubhouse at all, only your QCup side. They have a contract, we can let them rot in reserve grade for 6 weeks and then they can **** off.

We need to stop playing nice. I see the benefits for us in cutting them early, but the problem is it benefits the rest of the comp as well

Bellamy:

“It’s something we’ve had a look at (bringing him across early), but I don’t know whether the Broncos have put a line through him or not. If they have, you’d think they wouldn’t be against letting him go early. If it happens it happens and if it doesn’t it doesn’t. There’s not much we can do about it and it’s up to the Broncos what they do, as he’s a contracted player with them for the rest of the year.”

“If they don’t want to play him, they’re well within their rights there, but it seems a little bit harsh and I’m not quite sure what that does for Xavier’s mental wellbeing if he’s fit to play and he’s not playing. But that’s the Broncos’ decision and they’ll do what they think is right and right for them.”

“He’d add a bit of depth to our outside backs and he’d add a bit speed and a bit of size, but at the end of the day we’re not going to concern ourselves too much with something that might not happen or is unlikely to happen."

“My job is to concern myself with what we’ve got, not what we haven’t got or what we might get or what we’re going to get next year. My job is to keep my focus on what’s happening now.”

McHunt
Hmmm he’s worried for Coates mental well being for not being picked if fit in one comment then calls him a bit of depth in our outside backs in the next

according to Brent Read we turned the Storms offer down and are digging our heels in.

The Storm want to swap Lee for Coates.

this is what Brent Read said on NRL360:

“Melbourne approached them a few days ago because Brisbane have signed Brenko Lee for next year,” The Australian’s Brent Read told NRL360 on Fox League.

“The Storm said ‘let’s do the swap now, Xavier isn’t going to get a run’ and Brisbane said ‘no’.

“I thought it was a logical swap, and I spoke to Ben Ikin about it and he said he is a good bloke who they enjoy around the club and they want to keep him but there hasn’t been a line put through Xavier Coates.

“There’s a whisper they had put a line through him, but Benny said that’s not the case.”
To be honest, i would have taken the swap. Moving herbie onto the right wing (where he played much of his isc) next to staggs and brenko next to oates.

It would at least get us a head start on combinations for next year.

To be honest, i would have taken the swap. Moving herbie onto the right wing (where he played much of his isc) next to staggs and brenko next to oates.

It would at least get us a head start on combinations for next year.

i understand where you're coming from ... but i somehow always come back around to **** THE STORM *****.

I personally would prefer all our new recruits to come in with a fresh start rather than be part of our 2021 struggles

Hmmm he’s worried for Coates mental well being for not being picked if fit in one comment then calls him a bit of depth in our outside backs in the next
If we had real journalists I’d ask why the Storm cared about Xaviers mental health but didn’t care about Donuts’? Is mental health only relevant when they have an interest in the person?

Bellamy should worry about his own mental health once Coates gets there.

I actually have serious concerns for coates’ career anyway. Some of his landings when he leaps for a high ball are ugly as ****. Would not be surprised if he does a jyy early in his career.

Just tell them we can’t because Coates knows club secrets that they are not entitled to know until next year.
What, how to beat the broncos? The storm wrote that book haha

What it all comes down plain and simple to is this: Will it benefit Melbourne? Ring them and take great time and pleasure in saying no.

What's Coates' salary? About 300k Storm will only be paying about 12k per game so a total of only 72k from round 20 to 25. Then the storm will get deep into the finals and extract extra value out of Coates. Yeah fk that!

Loan him out to the Panthers just to fk with the Storm.
Loan the Panthers Haas and Staggs on August 1st too. We'll cover full freight just to **** with Melbourne.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.