PLAYER Xavier Willison

Well done @1910
ass-kissing-favoritism-oh-my-thumb.jpg

Obviously not clearly enough ...

A guy quotes himself to make sure the world knows how good he is (in his own mind, of course) and someone congratulates him on doing so and you don't see that as sarcasm?

I never get this need people to have smoke up their own butts, I really don't. We get some things right and some things wrong. If you big note yourself, all you do is look really stupid when you get it wrong.

It is all in good fun hey. The thing that makes a forum like BroncosHQ so enjoyable to be apart of, is that we have such diverse opinions and takes. Getting it right or wrong is just apart of the fun. Personally, I look forward to continuing to get things right and wrong with you all.

Think Willison with get 25ish minutes off the bench to start the season, building his fitness as the season goes on.

A guy quotes himself to make sure the world knows how good he is (in his own mind, of course) and someone congratulates him on doing so and you don't see that as sarcasm?
Tbf there are people that genuinely do that on here lol...

It is all in good fun hey. The thing that makes a forum like BroncosHQ so enjoyable to be apart of, is that we have such diverse opinions and takes. Getting it right or wrong is just apart of the fun. Personally, I look forward to continuing to get things right and wrong with you all.

Back at ya bro .

No I didn`t .
I thought it was a sycophantic expression .

I got it wrong . Apology B4L .

Back on topic, I think Willison could have a break out year, I think it’s a bit silly to expect he will be Payne Haas v2.0.

I am not getting too carried away after the rep game, he was good and there’s no denying that. The question will be whether or not he can do that consistently in the NRL.

Back on topic, I think Willison could have a break out year, I think it’s a bit silly to expect he will be Payne Haas v2.0.

I am not getting too carried away after the rep game, he was good and there’s no denying that. The question will be whether or not he can do that consistently in the NRL.
Eventually he almost definitely will. He is big and fast but that isn’t what makes him good. He works his ass off. Just depends when it all falls into place for him. I think he’ll have a great year.

Agree with some of the comments on Willison's value in attack.

Theoretically, he should create shit loads of space by drawing in defenders or or with a quick PTB. Again, theoretically this should give our fast backline a heap of space to capitalise..

Defences would have to allocate more bodies to him given his size, speed and ability to barge over.

Exciting times.

I never get this need people to have smoke up their own butts, I really don't. We get some things right and some things wrong. If you big note yourself, all you do is look really stupid when you get it wrong.
People tell me all the time I have a smoking hot ass.

Yeah that is true, very much hoping that we can lock up Willison soon on a reasonable wicket.

The thing that makes him so impressive is how well rounded at this stage he is for a guy of his age and size.

As 1910 has said, his defence is fantastic, both aggressive and methodical. And his offence speaks for itself and I feel like once he develops his offload, he will be even harder for the defences to deal with.
Not sure @1910 said his defence was fantastic. I recall him observing how he has a tendency to get sucked in to a tackle where he was not really needed which then leads to a gap in the line where he should have been and it consequently leads to the opposition making a break.

Not a huge deficiency to resolve though.

Is he faster than Haas?

I thought Haas defied physics with his speed for his size, but Willison is even bigger and atleast on TV looks even faster, a genetic freak.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.