Young broncs in feeder clubs

I

isaiah

BRL Player
Feb 21, 2016
qrl site has team lists. Interesting like Payne haas on the Wynnum bench

I can't see how the Hastings Deering Colts is going to improve from the NRL 20s system. Firstly you get to see only a single game whilst attending Suncorp. Gone are the days whereby you would see President Cup, Reserve and Firsts.
Looking at the team list online, the Metropolitan Teams will be far to good for teams such as Capras and Mustangs.
Finally who is Cory Paix playing for?

Hey guys,
I'm not a Broncos' fan but I follow the Q-Cup and have been keeping track of the assignments for all of the ISC teams. Here are the Broncos ones that I know of so far.

Souths-Logan: Seve, Allan, Flegler, Fifita (MM), Scarlett, Fai, Mago

Wynnum-Manly: Carrigan, Haas, Nona

Redcliffe: Staggs (HDC), Taueli

Norths: Murphy, Shibasaki, Tagataese, Burns (HDC), Paix (MM)

Ipswich: Bird, Oates, Roberts

TBD
Broncos: Isaako, Funaki, Turpin, Pangai, Pangai, Su’a, Pearson, Opacic, Ofahengaue, Dargan, T.Boyd

There was some mention in the off season of Opacic staying at Redcliffe but with the dramas late last year we'll wait and see.

Turpin is at Dolphins he's playing hooker this week.

Is he even close to NRL ready?

Anyone got news on Brent Woolf? Just saw he's named to play for the Blackhawks U20 side. Has he joined the Cowboys?

Just watched the 2nd half of Wynnum vs Pride. Haas is huge and good motor but he needs to run a bit straighter.

A few updates ...

Funaki to Wynnum
Turpin (as mentioned), M.Pangai, Pearson and Opacic to Redcliffe

(I think) Dargan is injured so we'll have to wait and see where he ends up.

Did anyone see Souths Logan v norths. Wondering who played better- fai or su'a

Fai didn’t seem to have a lot of game time but imo he looks good this year. Was strong in defence and attack. Brought some great go forward. Mago also impressed when on and is huge. Sua played the full 80 and really can come up with some momentum shifters when his team needs it. Whether it’s a big hit or a crazy offload. He’s also a lot faster than I realised.

Staggs moved up from Colts to ISC, scored a double and kicked 4. They better keep this kid, gives me Munster/Bird vibes. Bit of a chip on his shoulder but that can be dealt with.

Staggs moved up from Colts to ISC, scored a double and kicked 4. They better keep this kid, gives me Munster/Bird vibes. Bit of a chip on his shoulder but that can be dealt with.

staggs was a hamd inclusion off the bench - the real stand out was faiud who played 6. he set both those up for staggs and defensively was very strong. he has improved a lot since i last seen him.

staggs was a hamd inclusion off the bench - the real stand out was faiud who played 6. he set both those up for staggs and defensively was very strong. he has improved a lot since i last seen him.
Both those guys were impressive in the Commonwealth U23 9's too.

Is Brent Woolf still under contract for the Broncos? He played in the trials but is now with Townsville. Most of the Broncos' feeders have pretty good hooker depth now so maybe they gave him permission to go up and play with his uncle (given that his Dad's team is tipped to be bottom four).

Yeah just watched the highlights, handy kicking too. Both brothers were pretty decent in 20s.

Yeah just watched the highlights, handy kicking too. Both brothers were pretty decent in 20s.

i always thought that both of them would be way too small but the one i seen yesterday looked strong and filled out more than i thought. he kicked really well. he could be a real smokey if he continues on the form he showed yesterday

Both those guys were impressive in the Commonwealth U23 9's too.

Is Brent Woolf still under contract for the Broncos? He played in the trials but is now with Townsville. Most of the Broncos' feeders have pretty good hooker depth now so maybe they gave him permission to go up and play with his uncle (given that his Dad's team is tipped to be bottom four).

i am not sure mate, i doubt they would let him play for for townsville if he was still in the broncs system

If I was a scout for a club, I would browse all the club forums for threads like these :D

Active Now

• Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rah88
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.