11: Brad Thorne
12: Gordon Tallis
13: Tonie Carroll

14: Mick Hancock
15: John Plath
16: Ben Ikin
17: Andrew Gee

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Starting side is good, but sub kerrod Walters for berrigan. Bench is soft. I'd have gee, berrigan, civoniceva, Thaiday

Would probably put Hancock in place of carne too

The one that wins the next premiership.

So

Hoffman
Copley
Reed
Hodges
Beale
Norman
Wallace
Hannant
McCullough
Civonieciva
Glenn
Thaiday
Parker

McGuire
Gillett
Hunt
Hala

Ben Ikin should never be anywhere near any "best" broncos team. FFS he had to shack up with the coaches daughter to guarentee selection each week.

Pre-knee injury yes.

Yes, but that stacks up to just over 1 season. Considering we've had lots of players who played as well or better than that year for longer than a year, OXY is right, Ikin shouldn't get a look in at a Broncos dream team.

Yes, but that stacks up to just over 1 season. Considering we've had lots of players who played as well or better than that year for longer than a year, OXY is right, Ikin shouldn't get a look in at a Broncos dream team.

Oh for sure I agree with that. But I was saying that his selection in the team before his injury troubles were justified because he was actually playing well, not because he was the future son-in-law.

But yeh for sure he's nowhere near the dream team.

Oh for sure I agree with that. But I was saying that his selection in the team before his injury troubles were justified because he was actually playing well, not because he was the future son-in-law.

But yeh for sure he's nowhere near the dream team.

Ah, sorry, misunderstood. You're quite right, he thoroughly deserved his selections pre-injury, and he came into his own when he played five-eighth and Kevvie moved to halfback and Ben Walker moved to left right out.

In fairness, when he returned in 2003, despite his poor form, we had very few alternatives. Prince was sidelined. None of the junior/Q Cup halves were really stepping up.

He didn't, however, deserve his Origin selections that year. That was poor, and you could argue there was some nepotism there (as much as I hate to cast any aspersions on Bennett's integrity).

Mind you, names of alternative halves aren't exactly jumping out at me that were available in 2003. Thurston was still in and out of the Bulldogs side. Prince still injured. Lockyer still fullback. Chris Sheppard was the one people were talking about but he, with hindsight, wasn't much better than Ikin in reality.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.