Your favourite Origin series

Yeah, it's very little at all to do with Thurston. It's everything to do with whether Cronk is up to it!

2001 for mine. Game 1 was already special with most of the debutantes scoring, the look on Doyles face as he was going to score, the beatdown we gave to them after they humiliated us in 2000.

But then game 3 was even better, Alfie came back and tore nsw up, was so good.

2001 or 2006, but probably 2001.

10 debutants, coming off a whitewash and our biggest ever loss the year before, allan langers return, last game at the old lang park....it had everything.

Game 1 was also Lockyers equal best game ever (tied with the 40-0 at half time test match) IMO. it was him at his absolute best, everything he did turned to gold from his running to his kicking to his tackling.

Yep 2001 is easilly my favourite too. So many people thought the concept was dead after Game 3 2000. 2001 was all about redemption. There was so much emotion in that whole series - Qld fielding 10 debutants in the last game at the ol' Lang Park (privileged to have been there that night), Langer returning to pull it out of the fire for us. Just an incredible series of footy.

LOL! Speaking of Thurston.
I love how everyone was saying everything depends on his transition to 5/8....UMMMM Didn't he lead the cowboys to the GF in 2006 as a 5/8 (Jason Smith was the 7)? and didn't he lead QLD to victory in 2008 as a 5/8?

I seriously don't see much difference in the way the halves play these days. Thurston still plays mostly on the left regardless of what number he's wearing. He still gets into first receiver as often as he did before.

LOL! Speaking of Thurston.
I love how everyone was saying everything depends on his transition to 5/8....UMMMM Didn't he lead the cowboys to the GF in 2006 as a 5/8 (Jason Smith was the 7)? and didn't he lead QLD to victory in 2008 as a 5/8?

Good point but most of those things didn't happen.

JT lead the Cows to the 05 Grand Final with Justin Smith playing eigth & Firmin on the bench. In 06 the Cows didn't even make the finals despite a fantastic start to the season before they made the prelims with a halves pairing of 6. Jason Smith 7. Jonathan Thurston.

Thurston did win with the 6 on his back before in Origin. That much is definitely true.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.