Your Passion For The Game

Getting a few teams out of Sydney and expanding to Perth at the least will go a long way to fixing issues. All that money that the NRL keeps using the bail out the shitty clubs is wasted money.

If you can't run a business. Sorry, but your licence goes to someone who can.

Apparently the NRL tried to get the clubs to sign an agreement saying that the richer clubs had to bail out the clubs going broke..

Their response was pretty much '**** you'.

So the NRL tried to play hardball and hold off on giving the clubs the grant money which the weaker clubs budgeted for and ended up uniting all of the 16 clubs.

So hopefully, they can come together and force the changes needed.

Hopefully..

Last edited:
Just strike. That will put the NRL in their place.

What the hell are you talking about....?

"spitefulness" has been an inherent ingredient of SOO since its very beginning

...and rightly so.
I don't mind a bit of biff to keep things honest but there has been some real catty shit creeping into origin for a while now. Loved that we won but was bored shitless this series because the footy was crap. Anyway, each to their own.....

I'm also really pissed about the 8pm kick off's. My 4 year old son is developing an interest in the game, the other night he sat up in his broncos jersey and beanie really excited about the game and fell asleep just before kick off.
He also didn't watch a minute of Origin for the same reason.

I can't take him to a Broncos game either because we get home at about midnight. Have we even had a Sunday afternoon game in Brisbane this year?

I'm also really pissed about the 8pm kick off's. My 4 year old son is developing an interest in the game, the other night he sat up in his broncos jersey and beanie really excited about the game and fell asleep just before kick off.

I can't take him to a Broncos game either because we get home at about midnight. Have we even had a Sunday afternoon game in Brisbane this year?

Same for me. I don't think we got a single Sunday game.

Same for me. I don't think we got a single Sunday game.
Not in Brisbane. The Sharks game had daylight but I'm not sure if it was Sat arvo or Sunday. There was at least one sunday game.

Nope. Last Sunday arvo game was in mid 2015 against the Tigers. I'm in the same boat, have a 4 yr old who is developing an interest in football but has seen only a couple of Broncos games in full and never lasted more than 20 minutes into an origin game. I'm worried that by the time we get another Sunday game my boy won't be able to come along because he'll be at work.

Nope. Last Sunday arvo game was in mid 2015 against the Tigers. I'm in the same boat, have a 4 yr old who is developing an interest in football but has seen only a couple of Broncos games in full and never lasted more than 20 minutes into an origin game. I'm worried that by the time we get another Sunday game my boy won't be able to come along because he'll be at work.

Yep. So much this.

And they've got 30K+ to the Sunday games each year. And they are great days.

The whole set up is fucked.

Hoping the Hayne train to Titans will really put more interest in Titans games on Friday nights as a selling point for the broadcast. I'm dead serious.

PS Big Pete

Rugby League will always be streets behind AFL in Victoria, SA and WA and behind Rugby in NZ.

Fish where the fish are.

Central Qld team and a genuine second team in SE Qld corridor with its own identity and not just "be Broncos v2".

PS Big Pete

Rugby League will always be streets behind AFL in Victoria, SA and WA and behind Rugby in NZ.

Fish where the fish are.

Central Qld team and a genuine second team in SE Qld corridor with its own identity and not just "be Broncos v2".

That doesn't mean that Rugby League itself can't grow in those areas, especially with the lack of coverage and the performance of the team.

The code has to think bigger.

No biff, no shoulder charge, soft as hell penalties and suspensions. No softening up periods. The game lost it's violent edge that a lot of fans loved.

No biff, no shoulder charge, soft as hell penalties and suspensions. No softening up periods. The game lost it's violent edge that a lot of fans loved.

I absolutely loved the biff. Especially in origin.

I didn't mind the odd biff in the game, but it wasn't a draw card for me. The biggest problem that has arisen from it's banning, IMO, is the niggle. No way do half these players pull the shit they do if they think they'll cop one on the chin. Players get up and slap another player knowing they'll get nothing more than a push. It's shit.

I didn't mind the odd biff in the game, but it wasn't a draw card for me. The biggest problem that has arisen from it's banning, IMO, is the niggle. No way do half these players pull the shit they do if they think they'll cop one on the chin. Players get up and slap another player knowing they'll get nothing more than a push. It's shit.

Absolutely. We didn't need the biff, but it at least kept players (somewhat) honest. Here's my team of players who are way to big for their boots and most deserve "one on the chin", to quote Sterlo:

01 Jake Mamo
02 Curtis Rona
03 Blake Ferguson
04 Kirisome Auva'a
05 Jordan Rapana
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Luke Keary
08 Andrew Fifita
09 Michael Ennis
10 David Klemmer
11 Wade Graham
12 Beau Scott
13 Paul Gallen

14 James Maloney
15 Aaron Woods
16 Nathan Brown
17 Paul Carter

Coach: Ricky Stuart

Absolutely. We didn't need the biff, but it at least kept players (somewhat) honest. Here's my team of players who are way to big for their boots and most deserve "one on the chin", to quote Sterlo:

01 Jake Mamo
02 Curtis Rona
03 Blake Ferguson
04 Kirisome Auva'a
05 Jordan Rapana
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Luke Keary
08 Andrew Fifita
09 Michael Ennis
10 David Klemmer
11 Wade Graham
12 Beau Scott
13 Paul Gallen

14 James Maloney
15 Aaron Woods
16 Nathan Brown
17 Paul Carter

I didn't love seeing king-hit punches in the game, but I did like seeing guys cop it if they were being tools.

I would love to see Gordie rip in to some of these guys

01 Jake Mamo
02 Curtis Rona
03 Blake Ferguson
04 Kirisome Auva'a
05 Jordan Rapana
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Luke Keary
08 Andrew Fifita
09 Michael Ennis
10 David Klemmer
11 Wade Graham
12 Beau Scott
13 Paul Gallen

14 James Maloney
15 Aaron Woods
16 Nathan Brown
17 Paul Carter

It's a tough team to crack but I reckon you have to try and make room for Matt Moylan.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.