Your Passion For The Game

Remember Hayne is back now too.Soward and Farah would probably get a run in my team as well.

Last edited:
No biff, no shoulder charge, soft as hell penalties and suspensions. No softening up periods. The game lost it's violent edge that a lot of fans loved.

Maybe you should try MMA... seriously the game is as tough as it has ever been..just because you don't have to worry about being coat hangered or bashed out of the game on debut which used to be the norm doesn't make it any less physical. People actually need to watch some of the older games without the rose coloured glasses.... not just the hightlight reel... the whole fucking game. We whine about ruck speed, yet probably twice as many sets of 6 in the modern game compared to the 70s, 80s, and to a lesser the 90s. The rucks from that ere slow and scrappy as shit.... don't even go the cluster **** that was scrums. Apart from the odd hit from back in the day, no way the contact was harder than in the modern era. Shoulder charge, well the events from falcons v devils last year probably show that to be the right call in the big scheme. Clean up all the catty shit and things will be a lot better, but if its just violence you want, go watch some pub league.

It's a tough team to crack but I reckon you have to try and make room for Matt Moylan.

Remember Hayne is back now too.Soward and Farah would probably get a run in my team as well.

These guys just have punchable faces. I don't think any of them get up and slap an opposition player do they?

No biff, no shoulder charge, soft as hell penalties and suspensions. No softening up periods. The game lost it's violent edge that a lot of fans loved.

Given that a player died from a shoulder charge and many people have died from 1 punch attacks there is no place for either in the game. A part of me agrees with you because I come from a different era but the future of the game isn't in unnecessary violent acts.

I think my passion is waning purely because i'm getting older.

I'm not old by any stretch (30 this year) but I've watched the game consistently for 25 years (yah, i know people will say you didn't at 5, but when you're young and your dad works away and that's "his task" for you, that's what you do...) and to be honest it just doesn't matter as much anymore.

I used to get really annoyed at losses, live and breathe every result, find it incomprehensible we lost games ... now it's just oh yeah shit happens, there's always next week/next year. I was still devastated at our loss last year but in a way i was like, well, next time it happens it's not going to hurt as bad so there's a small positive there. I get annoyed if people are underperforming or whatever but I just don't really emotionally invest in it anymore, i'll say my piece and if it happens, shrug my shoulders and move on - I can't physically change anything so I'm not going to base my emotional wellbeing on it lol.

I think a small part of it as well occurred when Lockyer retired, for the simple fact he was my last "idol" growing up. it went Renouf - langer - lockyer, and with his retirement I think I lost that last part of childhood sentimentality. I don't really "connect" with the latest generation (not that everyone really does anyway) and so I don't really have favourites or whatever - sure I like some players like Oates, but I'll never have that connection with him that I had with the aforementioned.

i'll watch the other games if they're on and i'm not doing anything, but unless they're free-flowing or entertaining, i'll switch to something else.

i could say it's because of the refs or the rules or because of xyz and said, but really, league just isn't as important to me as it was 10 years ago, and in 10 years time when I've got kids of my own, it may even be less important ... then again if the kid shows interest maybe it'll reignite my passion, who knows?

These guys just have punchable faces. I don't think any of them get up and slap an opposition player do they?

Matt Moylan is a shitcunt. Always pushing people's head into the ground with the shit-eating grin of a little brat that knows nothing will happen to him.

My passion for the game has waned over several years.

It started with other teams (not watching the entire game) & it now includes the Broncos.

With the Broncos the players don't seem to have the love/passion for the jersey any more.

Players like Langer/Lockyer etc would play till the death & when they lost, they showed emotion.

These days the players lose a game & they don't seem to give a shit.

Last edited:
My passion for the game has waned over several years.

It started with other teams (not watching the entire game) & it now includes the Broncos.

With the Broncos the players don't seem to have the love/passion for the jersey any more.

Players like Langer/Lockyer etc would play till the death & when they lost, they showed emotion.

These days the players lose a game & they don't seem to give a shit.

Its the laughing and joking and bro-hugging at full time that really gets me. Yeah I know you're all mates and it's nice to catch up if you only see guys once a year or whatever. But save that shit for the sheds when the cameras and fans can't see you, because nothing will turn us quicker than seeing you look like you don't care.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • something
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.