Your QLD team

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I was talking about David Taylor of course, and like you say, he could never fit into Mal's plan, but you still wanted him ahead of Gillett last season.
Matt can fill the role as Mal wants though, but he can do more as well... that is the big difference.

I agree that the choice between him and Papalii can be a coin toss, as while Gillett has more speed and ball skills, Josh has more power and aggression. Ideally, I want them both in the team, and it will probably happen, as Thaiday and Parker are getting long in the tooth anyway...

FTR, i have never pushed for taylor to be in the squad after we saw how he was used. I only ever said he should be there IF he was allowed to play his natural game. There is no point picking a player like him if you arent going to use him right. Thats why i think papalii would be a better pick than gillett. Papalii can play the "tuck the ball under the arm and run" tactic better than gillett imo, thats all.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It sounds like that if DCE is out, Napa will come into the side because McGuire has played hooker for Samoa.

I really hope that is not the case.

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It sounds like that if DCE is out, Napa will come into the side because McGuire has played hooker for Samoa.

I really hope that is not the case.

Where did you see that? Everything i have read so far has suggested morgan is 19th man and will be there to replace DCE

anyway, smith doesnt come off unless injured, so mcguire playing hooker wont happen. a 4 forward bench is a good thing imo. we dont need a half on the bench

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If we plan to play McGuire at hooker at any stage for the Maroons we may as well just give NSW the trophy right now.

If DCE is out, it has to be Hunt coming in, he's proved his value off the bench for the Broncos and Australia, and he's great defensively.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
They should rule DCE out right now. We carried him last year with some form of injury, they should have learned. It affected his game.

He's gotta be the most overrated player named.

Good team otherwise, **** the Blues.

Difference is this year DCE is on the bench not starting like last year.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Difference is this year DCE is on the bench not starting like last year.

He was on the bench last year until Cronk broke his arm. He came on for Cronk, had no fucking idea what he was doing, and looked like he does every week. Overrated.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
yeah he was pretty awful the one game he did play halfback but coming on as a utility he seemed to play ok.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
DCE plays off the cuff. Qld has a structured style suited to Cronk and Smith.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for last year, he probably hadn't trained as a 7 in that team, so just, had no idea. Which is fine.

My issue is, I just don't rate him very highly as a player. I mean, he's pretty good, but he's not skeet all over your shoes good.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Morgan would make probably the least sense on the bench honestly, if I was choosing it would be out of Napa (With Smith playing the full 80 at Hooker) or Hunt who can come on for 15 minutes and try and work some magic.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
They have to go with Napa.

we're way undersized in the forwards as it is, so we need a big bopper like him to come on and whack some blue turds !

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Napa or Hunt, who is the only guy who can come up with something out of nothing in the dying minutes of a game.
As good as Morgan has been for the Cows, he isn't at Origin level imo.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Confirmed DCE out, Morgan in. Hunt should feel a little hard done by. He performed well in the utility role for the Kangaroos last year. Morgan has been in better form over the last few weeks admittedly.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • mieko
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Manlyman
  • Big Del
  • Galah
  • Aldo
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.