Your QLD team

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1) This is why Smith kicked out

loB1GmD.jpg

Not saying that totally excuses him kicking someone in the face, but if I had a bloke who weighed 100kg resting his forearm on my trachea I would probably start kicking after a few seconds. I imagine most people would, actually. But of course that's not good enough for the moronic Southerners who insist this is tantamount to an ISIS execution.

2) This is why Smith is available to play. There is no conspiracy or favouritism.

Maroons captain Cameron Smith is likely to escape suspension for State of Origin I because his points loading from a previous charge expired seven days ago.

Smith is on Monday expected to be charged with contrary conduct for kicking South Sydney’s Issac Luke multiple times in the face.

But if the match review committee levels a grade one infringement at Smith, an early guilty plea will mean he will be free to take on the Blues at ANZ Stadium on May 27.

Smith had a 50 per cent loading threat hanging over his head from a grade one dangerous contact charge on May 10 last year when his forearm contacted with the face of Manly hooker Matt Ballin.

Loading from grade one charges only lasts for 12 months, rather than the usual two years, meaning Smith’s record was wiped clean before round nine.

3) Any New South Welshman who wants to have a whinge about what is and isn't fair in this competition needs to have a long hard look at some of the filthy biased dog acts their **** of a state has been guilty of in the past.

**** New South Wales. I hope we fucking smash them next week.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Greg Alexander tonight....

"If that's a grade 1, then what's a grade 5?"

Peanut

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
This is far worse than Smith's and it never even resulted in a guilty verdict.

Skip to 1:10

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Papalii should 1000% be there over Gillett. He has shown the past few weeks he is better off in the back row.

Other than that, the side pretty much names itself. Can't wait for McGuire, Scott and Myles to rip into those muppet ***** Woods and Klemmer. Klemmer might be the most over rated player in the game, he's the 4th or 5th best prop on his team and gets a whole heap of praise for no reason.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Big Papa has definitely been improving, though I think he's still a ways off his best. I would have picked him over Gillett too... he can also play front row if needed.

If they continue to improve, would love to see Papalii and Napa come in for Lillyman and Gillett in game 2. Lillyman has been good, but Napa adds something more. Would make my ideal side, minus DCE off the bench.

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Papalii should 1000% be there over Gillett. He has shown the past few weeks he is better off in the back row.

Other than that, the side pretty much names itself. Can't wait for McGuire, Scott and Myles to rip into those muppet ***** Woods and Klemmer. Klemmer might be the most over rated player in the game, he's the 4th or 5th best prop on his team and gets a whole heap of praise for no reason.

Pearce, Hoppa, and Cordner have to be in the running for that award.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Papa is a good player, an excellent battering ram. If Gillett gets picked - whose defence has lifted immeasurably this year - I hope Mal uses Gillo's 1st class all round skills a lot more than they are not used at the Broncos: ball playing for one.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A lot of talk that Cherry Evans won't be able to make the game because of an injured shoulder, so there's the open door for Hunt

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
A lot of talk that Cherry Evans won't be able to make the game because of an injured shoulder, so there's the open door for Hunt
I actually wouldn't mind this happening, just to see who Bennett chooses at 7 to replace him.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

Apparently Morgan will get it, which is a travesty. I'd honestly prefer another forward like Napa/ Papalii on the bench to counter grubs like Scott.

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No idea how Gillett got picked, especially considering Papalii and Cooper's form the last month. Both are on fire while most games I cant even remember seeing Gillett. He has done nothing for the broncos this year.

Luckily the nsw selectors are dumber than ours and made more, far worse calls

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
No idea how Gillett got picked, especially considering Papalii and Cooper's form the last month. Both are on fire while most games I cant even remember seeing Gillett. He has done nothing for the broncos this year.

Luckily the nsw selectors are dumber than ours and made more, far worse calls
You're letting your bias speak.
Gillett has been under utilised in attack at the Broncos, not through his own fault, but has been excellent in defense all season, (which is what people complained about last year) and a very important cog in the team.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This team announcement is cringe worthy. What the **** is this music they're playing for the players? Didn't have any AD/DC handy, I take it?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Official Qld team

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Will Chambers
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nate Myles
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman

18. Dylan Napa

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Will Chambers
6. Johnathon Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nate Myles
11. Aiden Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Daly Cherry Evans (BIG question marks on this one)
15. Josh McGuire (on debut)
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman
18. Dylan Napa

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.