Your QLD team

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Smith would have known there was someone around there.

His leg actions are consistent with someone fighting to play the ball. Doesn't lash out and extend the way Gallen has in the past. There's no way Smith gets found guilty.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't want to see smith suspended, but come on, he knew someone was there and he knew he was kicking them. He may not have for the first kick, but once it connected with Luke's face, he knew he was kicking someone and he continued to do it.

Hopefully nothing comes from it though

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't want to see smith suspended, but come on, he knew someone was there and he knew he was kicking them. He may not have for the first kick, but once it connected with Luke's face, he knew he was kicking someone and he continued to do it.

Hopefully nothing comes from it though
+1, I'd hate for him to miss out, but I'm expecting a suspension, at least a week or two. Hopefully not, but fair enough IMO.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Friend would have to be first choice, if only because he was 18th man last year and his defence is more reliable than Segs.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
In the words of mortal kombat FINISH HIM!! My message to the MRC.

Seriously speaking it would be a major blow to QLD if he was. I would expect Friend to take his spot if he was suspended.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'd rather Granville....bet he would set Origin alight

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It's origin time ... Its when the bias really shows.

Smith is arguably QLDs most important player. He would get charged fir sneezing near an opposition player. And the judiciary will see to it he misses at least 1 origin game.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Can't suspend him for kicking Isaac Luke in the head. Any other player though he'd be in trouble

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If out id pick friend and put seggy on bench. Perfect time to blood them both. Drop dce

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Smith missed out, you'd really have to pick BOTH Friend and Segs. Can't expect Friend to play 80 mins on debut...nor would you want to, to get the most effect out of them.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
It's origin time ... Its when the bias really shows.

Smith is arguably QLDs most important player. He would get charged fir sneezing near an opposition player. And the judiciary will see to it he misses at least 1 origin game.

FWIW they were talking about it on the footy show just then. One of the guys they bring in every so often said he expected it to be a grade 1 charge which would mean he won't miss a game. Only just though because he had loading from a previous incident last year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Locky named his side, and I liked it.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Will Chambers
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jacob Lillyman

Personally, I would like it if they didn't pick McGuire for the first game. We could use him against the Knights.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Picks itself really. Hoping Matt has a good game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Smith charged but clear to play if he takes the early guilty plea, Slater not charged.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
p.s - I'd have Papalii over Gillett every day of the week, he's hit some form in recent weeks as well.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Not surprising really both Smith and Slater are protected.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Not surprising really both Smith and Slater are protected.

what a load of shit ... Smith has missed a GF from suspension, that doesn't happen to "protected" players

you want to talk about protected ... Josh Reynolds was charged with his 3rd tripping offence in the last 2 years in the city country game ... yet he still only gets a week suspension. thats protected. lets not forget about all his other offences in the last 2 years as well. his loading alone should have given him an extra 6 weeks, but somehow loading never seems to apply to him

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.