Your QLD team

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We lacked impact off the bench from our forwards last year.

I thought Napa would have been the better choice and a better fit for the side.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Even though I fully expected this given DCE's absence, I simply do not rate Morgan. He's fast and is a good defender on the line. Other than that I think he's massively over-rated and far too prone to dropping the ball.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
How the hell does Morgan leap-frog Hunt in the pecking order.

At least we won't lose Hunt at club level though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It sounds like a selection solely based on form.

Morgan has been in better form than Hunt.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I get the feeling that this is a smokescreen from Mal and that we'll go with Napa on the bench. Morgan 18th man to get a feel for camp.

This is mostly hope though...

M

Maroon Dominance

Mar 22, 2014
Does anyone know any details for Queenslands open training sessions?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I get the feeling that this is a smokescreen from Mal and that we'll go with Napa on the bench. Morgan 18th man to get a feel for camp.

This is mostly hope though...
My biggest issue is Morgan shouldn't even be getting a feel for camp. He's bog average, Segeyaro or Hunt would be far better utilities.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Morgan is so fucking over-rated. This is such a NSW style selection, picking a player with a few weeks worth of form over players that can actually offer something.

**** I hate this selection

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Over the last year and a half Morgan has probably had as many good games as Segeyaro.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That would be fantastic if the Maroons were desperate for a fullback but they've got Boyd and GI who can fill there at a pinch.

However I'd take Segeyaro off the table. Right now he's clearly underdone but if I was hellbent on bringing in a utility it would have to be Ben Hunt.

He's ready made for the position and has experience playing with a lot of those guys.

Personally I'm glad he isn't there because the Broncos need him more than the Maroons do but I'd even take Granville over Morgan.

And that's if the selectors were obsessed with getting a utility on there. Personally I'd just go with four forwards with Napa being my guy.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Morgan has more utility value than Hunt. His style in this game is going to be akin to Berrigan.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Can Morgan defend in the middle? If not, then he isn't a utility.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
That would be fantastic if the Maroons were desperate for a fullback but they've got Boyd and GI who can fill there at a pinch.

However I'd take Segeyaro off the table. Right now he's clearly underdone but if I was hellbent on bringing in a utility it would have to be Ben Hunt.

He's ready made for the position and has experience playing with a lot of those guys.

Personally I'm glad he isn't there because the Broncos need him more than the Maroons do but I'd even take Granville over Morgan.

And that's if the selectors were obsessed with getting a utility on there. Personally I'd just go with four forwards with Napa being my guy.

Now this is sensible.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I am down in Coffs Harbour at present. Thinking about ducking in to the Novatel to disrupt the blues.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So who replaces Morgan at the cows?

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.