Your Test Teams

Mister Wright said:
broncospwn said:
Today's announcement, made after an afternoon training session, means the Knights have now secured undoubtedly the best coach in rugby league and also arguably the best captain in the game.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6042276404

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. What a joke, best captain in the game....

C'mon, you're jokin' right! He's so good he can captain from the bench.
[icon_lol1. That worked out well too.
Seriously it's an insult to the good captains in the game like Lockyer, Smith, Petero, Gallen and so on to say he's arguably the best. As. If. Wade McKinnon is arguably the best fullback in the game as well, throw Ryhs Wesser in that category too.

I really can't understand why he's so highly rated, he's not anywhere near as good as he's made out to be in the media and to seemingly have automatic selection in every rep team. I don't care how good he is in training.

/Gidley rant

Honestly I dont think hannant or thaiday should be picked for Australia. Thaidays been poor this year, still has his butter fingers from late last year, and hannant....well I'm still trying to see what people see in him. He's a decent prop, but nothing too far above average. Doesn't offload, doesn't break the line, doesn't sting in defense. Every club needs a forward like him, but he's not Australian team quality yet IMO.

Gidley, well after watching all the knights games this year cause I have him in my fantasy team (lol), he's better than I've ever given him credit for. Hes a very good playmaker when hes the one in control of the team. But he shouldn't be in the Australian team.

Who would you have over Thaiday though?

I still think Sam's been the difference in a few games for the Broncs.

Good question lol.

Scott is a definite prop, but after that it's a bit of a headache trying to pick another standout. Tolman has been very good all year. I've never been the biggest fan, but Luke Bailey has been going great guns this year, and I'd probably give him a run. Won't happen though.

Surely the selectors wouldn't pick Thaiday as a prop. If anything we have enough depth upfront and we'll most likely see the incumbants selected.

Australia
1. B.Slater
2. M.Gordon
3. J.Hodges
4. G.Inglis
5. D.Boyd
6. D.Lockyer
7. J.Thurston
8. M.Scott
9. C.Smith
10. P.Civoniceva
11. N.Myles
12. S.Thaiday
13. P.Gallen

14. C.Cronk
15. K.Snowden
16. B.Hannant
17. A.Harrison

New Zealand
1. L.Hohaia
2. J.Nightingale
3. S.Matai
4. S.Kenny-Dowall
5. K.Fai Fai Loa
6. B.Marshall
7. K.Foran
8. A.Blair
9. N.Fien
10. R.Asotasi
11. S.Mannering
12. B.Harrison
13. J.Smith

14. I.Luke
15. J. Waerea-Hargreaves
16. F.Moi Moi
17. K.Proctor

Just doodling around but if an Australian and New Zealand teams were picked purely based on form and availability...

Australia
1. Billy Slater
2. Michael Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Justin Hodges
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Corey Parker
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jamie Soward
15. Jamie Buhrer
16. Martin Kennedy
17. Mat Scott

New Zealand
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Junior Sau
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Matt Duffie
6. Keiran Foran
7. Benji Marshall
8. James Tamou
9. Nathan Fien
10. Adam Blair
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Lewis Brown
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Issac Luke
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi
16. Mose Masoe
17. Sika Manu

I wanted to include Kalifa Fai Fai Loa but Duffie JUST got the choccies.

Everyone leaving Glenn out of their NZ teams?

Big Pete said:
Australia

12. Corey Parker
13. Paul Gallen

You couldn't have both of them in the same team, no one else would take a hit up.

They wouldn't make my team, the side I picked was purely based on form in the first 6 weeks. Gallen and Parker have been head and shoulders the best backrowers in the comp.

Sounds like it will be a toss up between Hodges and Gasnier for the right centre position.. Surely Hodges will get the gig but I guess they will be desperate to get a blue in the side.

I hope they choose Gaz.

Save Hodges for the Storm game. icon_thumbs_u

Big Pete said:
I hope they choose Gaz.

Save Hodges for the Storm game. icon_thumbs_u

A fresh Hodges would be great but if we are picking our best test side Hodges is better than Gaz.

If we're picking the best side, both guys make it in.

Looks like Boyd's out of the test match with a hamstring injury. Could see Yow Yeh with a callup, although I doubt it. Could see Tonga shift to the wing.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.