Yow Yeh retires

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013
Bronco's Press Conference today at 10am

Not sure what its about but it is supposed to be big news.

Re: Bronco's Press Conference today at 10am

I'm tipping it's a new sponsor or something else that doesn't address our on field needs.

Brent read says he hears it's sad news. Hate the thought but it could be Jharal retiring? :(

I think its about Yow Yeah retiring.

I was hoping for a big signing.

Sad, sad day.

Yow Yeh To Retire - Broncos

Jharal Yow Yeh enjoys his first game back © Action Photographics
Jharal Yow Yeh has this morning announced he will retire from the game of rugby league.
The 24-year-old cannot continue to fight continuing complications brought about by an injury suffered in an NRL game in Perth two years ago.
Prior to the injury, he had already produced a sparkling career, playing State of Origin for Queensland and Tests for Australia by the time he was 22.
Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said while it was terrible news for the player, the Broncos and rugby league in general, Yow Yeh’s future was the only concern.
“From the front office to the coaching staff to his teammates, Jharal is universally respected by all,” said White.
“He has a generous outgoing nature which has always endeared him to members of the community.
“Everyone at the club has the utmost admiration for the way he has tackled the challenges he has had to deal with over the last two years to give himself every chance to get back on the field.
“He has left no stone unturned in that goal, and it was wonderful to see him play again during the trials this year.
“But now it is time for him to move on to what is next.
“He has a bright future - rugby league and sport has always been the vehicle for that, and will continue to be as he to builds a career off the field.”
Yow Yeh came to the Broncos from the Norths Devils club in Brisbane, and was a star from the moment he pulled on a Broncos’ jersey.
He scored 27 tries in his first and only year of the under-20s competition, and played in the Broncos’ team that lost the 2008 National Youth Competition grand final in extra time that season.
By round one of the next season he was in the Broncos’ NRL team, scoring on debut against the Cowboys.
He quickly established himself as a permanent first grader with a knack for scoring tries few others could.
In 2011 representative honours beckoned, and he was chosen to play for Australia before he played State of Origin.
Those Queensland jersey would come, Yow Yeh playing three Tests for the Kangaroos and three Origins in 2011.

We love ya, Jharal!

this is pretty sad news even though i somewhat expected it sooner or later.

the guy went through so much just to get back to where he was, pretty inspirational stuff.

it will be interesting to see what he does with himself. im sure the broncos will keep him around in some sort of role. he could definitely do alot for the kids too.

Last edited:
A massive shame, albeit not unexpected.

huge props to giving it all you could in the hope of returning but sometimes you just can't fight the inevitable.

Man, i almost want to cry! I'm devastated for him, he's such a legend he didn't deserve this :'(

I hope he can have a job with us off the field and I hope he's very well compensated for his injury.

Sad day, as much as I was expecting it. What a champ to come back one more time in the trials and he even held his own down the middle of the field.

Bummer. I'm really sad as Yow Yeh was one of my favourites.

Very sad news but im glad i can remember him as the truly great winger he was rather than a failed comeback.

Such a tragic story that injury robbed us of a player who was probably still to realise their true potential.

I'm 100% positive the Broncos are the type of club to look after this young man in a rewarding career off the field but still involved with Rugby League.

Thanks for the memories JYY.

I knew it was coming eventually, but it's still a shock, feel so sorry for the bloke.

I'm crying. Speechless. Love ya JYY!!

Yeah, I always knew deep down he wasn't coming back from it.

It's sad to see him retire. The right side has never been the same without him.

Such a promising career gone.

Showed massive ticker to get back to where he did.

Hopefully he can be involved with the club in some capacity moving forward.

GL JYY

Maybe he should work with the wingers.

I'm not trying to make a joke here, but he possessed great vision and the ability to turn nothing into a try. Maybe he could do well there.

Does this retirement have any salary cap implications?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.