Zach Strasser Potential

You don't want to put too much pressure on anyone but the comparisons to DCE are clearly there, albeit poles apart at present obviously. Everyone just needs to be patient with the kid because him and Hunt could become an amazing pair if given time.

How well did he play in the QLD cup?

Regularly saw his name on the Dolphins' twitter feed either scoring or setting up tries, definitely a fair bit towards the end of the season. Outside of that, no idea

Luke Capewell looked better than him last year in QCUP in the 7 for the Dolphins.

Of the highlights I've seen (check out youtube/dolphins page), Strasser is "adequate" at the second man play which might be criteria for the 6 in 2014 (i.e. just pass the ball to Barba in space).

I watched a couple of highlights from Redcliffe games earlier and Capewell was the Dolphins main game-breaker as he was the one who was setting up tries and was looking dangerous with the ball in hand.

Yeah, Capewell has been excellent in QLD Cup. And he's been pretty poor in first grade.

I watched a couple of highlights from Redcliffe games earlier and Capewell was the Dolphins main game-breaker as he was the one who was setting up tries and was looking dangerous with the ball in hand.

Same for me. But then, it was like watching slow motion football. In any case, from what I saw, I was more impressed by Berryman and Bond.

Maybe Strasser is the sort of talent who needs a serious challenge to show what he is capable of?

Yeah, Capewell has been excellent in QLD Cup. And he's been pretty poor in first grade.

Playing back up hooker and once starting fullback where he did as good a job as Corey Norman most of the time.

He's signed with Penrith now... Lol, to be stuck behind Peter Wallace and Jamie Soward.

Capewell left mid season and Strasser got a crack then in the halves, before that he was in and out playing hooker and off the bench. He was the fullback for Colts before that.

Will be yet another BHQ Junior prediction where he comes into the team, and will suck.

I'm touting him as the next Norman, who was the next k. Hunt, who was the next Lockyer.

as far as I'm concerned he's a Queensland Cup half who's been given an opportunity to train with the big boys. Calls for him to be apart of the first grade side are premature.

:nod:

I'm touting him as the next Norman, who was the next k. Hunt, who was the next Lockyer.

What not the next Brett Seymour? It's funny though, I'd just settle for the next Shane Perry, would do the job :takdir:

Last edited:
as far as I'm concerned he's a Queensland Cup half who's been given an opportunity to train with the big boys. Calls for him to be apart of the first grade side are premature.

I suppose the question then is: What is the pecking order for the number 6 jersey?

What are the options in the top 25?

Strasser
Taylor
Barba
Hoffman
Hodges
Gillett... (OH GOD NO)

Who else has played 6, or has put their hand up?

We won't know the pecking order until the squad is finalised.

Taylor is at the top of the list, but when is the question. Also you forgot Kodi and Duncan who are regarded highly as well. Timing is everything, when do you throw them in the deep end?

There lies the problem, I think if we do end up throwing one of our rookies in the deepend because of need then we give them a real time frame to work with before you even consider pulling them out, they will need time to build confidence and a combination with the side. Barba, Hunt and McCullough will be expected to pull the majority of the weight of the playmaker's but that won't change the expectations a lot of fans will put on that player to be the next big thing. I just hope Strasser or Taylor won't be playing hooker when McCullough is benched.

Last edited:
I mentioned Cullen as an option in the "halves thread".

Here is an interesting vid of Cullen and Stasser. Not bad, huh

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.