OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Should Ashley Taylor Be Promoted

I asked unbreakable what he thought, and you actually replied for him, by saying "No, he's not". However, you're free to give your own opinion.

You're not answering my question, but I will clarify. This is not an unlikely scenario, although everything is possible, but let's say we're 2 years down the track, and:

- Taylor is absolutely killing it in lower grades, ISC and FG cameos when either Hunt or Milford are unavailable.
- Hunt and Milford have built a solid partnership in FG, Boyd is performing at his normal level.

What do you think will or should happen at that point?

Can I answer...?

oh to hell with it.....

Taylor to half.......Milford to stay at 5/8.......Darius keeps tearing it up at fullback

and we shove Ben Hunt into hooker and **** McCullough off.

Easy.....:takdir:

How's Barba going now.....?

Can't even make the Sharks run on squad.
That's because Hook coached all of the brilliance out of him IIRC .Bennett would need to coach it back into him.

If Broncos were named after horses Ben would have been called Trojan.

The thing is, if Taylor is as good as all you guys claim he is going to be, he's going to force the coach to find a spot in the team for him.. Let's take a look at a similar scenario in the past shall we..

Cherry-Evans is crushing in NYC and QCUP For 3 entire seasons, wins grand finals, captains teams, consistently makes the "Team of the Year". He doesn't crack first grade for that entire period of time because he's behind Orford and then Hodkinson. Does DCE jump at the first opportunity another club offers him? No, he bides his time, continuing to work on his game, not complaining. Low and behold, Manly move Hodkinson on the season after, purely to make room for him.

Why shouldn't Ashley Taylor follow the same path as DCE?.. Is he that much better than him?

That's not right, DCE was keen to leave Manly and Orr offered him to every club at the end of '09 with Manly's blessing and no one wanted him. So he went and played ISC for Sunshine Coast.

He played well, the other halves left and he got his crack but that's incorrect to suggest he waited and was patiently waiting for his go.

Didn't DCE approach the Broncos looking for a halves spot and Broncos told him no?

Didn't DCE approach the Broncos looking for a halves spot and Broncos told him no?

Everyone got asked. He had no currency, he'd gone Sunshine Coast colts, to NYC, played two years and made a team of the year on the bench. End of '09 Manly thought they were pretty set he had no other option but to go to the Sunshine Coast where he won the CM medal- no premierships though as claimed.

By mid year things had changed; few guys leave and he was signed to a three year deal and Manly's starting half for '11.

Broncos could have had him several times for 2/3 of nothing.

Pfffft. Massive overs.I would've only offered him 1/3 of nothing.

Ben Barba is busted, His main attribute was speed and his last ankle injury really fucked that over. He's a shell of his former self unfortunately.

The way I see it is that Taylor won't be able to win us a premiership for a few years. At the very least he needs 1 year of ISC.

The next 2-3 years is a premiership window and we need to give it everything we have. Our best chance in that 2-3 years is with the spine of:
1. boyd
6: milford
7. hunt
9. macca
14. kikorima.

after that time hodges will have retired and boyd's contract will be up.

either boyd will move into hodges spot or the wing or will be moved on.

1. milford
6. hunt
7. taylor

this combination would take 2-3 before they would be capable of winning a premiership.
to throw taylor in now would cost us a potential premiership. to put him in in a couple of years he could bring us numerous premierships.

Milford isn't moving to fullback after 3 years of playing five-eight.

This is all a bit silly. I've been prone to silliness, but this is just really silly.

We're in the perfect position. We have two awesome halves, a premiership-winning fullback, some really promising outside backs, and we're worried that one of the promising halves that we have is going to leave? OMFG find new shit to worry about!

"If Hunt & Milford stay healthy and play well, Taylor will never get a shot". Ooh, I don't care. Why? BECAUSE HUNT & MILFORD STAY HEALTHY AND PLAY WELL! "Milford is wasted at five-eighth because his skills are best utilised as a fullback". HE SCORED TWO FUCKING TRIES WHILE USING THOSE SAME SKILLS AS A FIVE-EIGHTH! "We can have both Taylor and Hunt as a halves pairing and still keep Milford at the back! MILFORD WAS PRETTY HORRIBLE DEFENSIVELY AND UNDER THE HIGH BALL AT FULLBACK! Don't just watch the highlight reels and ignore the other 78 minutes per game.

I agree with 1910 about Taylor's best path, but not that loyalty is dead in the NRL. Taylor should definitely try to stick it out in the 20s for the year, but just as surely, he should be tested against adults in the ISC next year. If he blows everyone away, then that's a fucking awesome proposition, we'll work out a way to squeeze him in. But let's not risk all the plans that have been put in place, that, might I add, have us at the top of the ladder despite a fucked up injury crisis in the outside backs, on the off-chance that an "if" comes to be true. Because when you dumb it down, if he doesn't get a chance it's because our players are already doing exceedingly well and he's simply not needed. If that's the case, I'm fucking happy!!!

[MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION], although i can't speak for anyone else, i think for some of us, it is a case of what we believe will be the better combination going forward.

for me, it is a case of:

why settle for a good Milford at 6, when we can have a great Milford at 1.
why settle for a good spine, when we can have a great spine.
why settle for average wingers when we can have at least 1 elite winger (Boyd)

IMO, Taylor offers us something in the halves that i don't believe either Hunt or Milford offers us ... i.e. Vision (something that i'm not sure can be taught) and organisation. I think that Taylor and Hunt complement each other, throw in an electrifying Milford picking his moments from the back and Boyd showing his finishing skills out wide and we have the makings of an exciting team to watch, as well as being successful team.

Was it ever. :laugh:

I was after specific games to break it down. Clearly you don't remember so it's all sort of moot.

Even if it does seem fishy.
I'm sorry, but because I don't keep track of what happened in which game, I'm telling porkies?
That's a pretty low way of trying to discredit me, because in all the years I've been here, I've never been caught in a lie or making shit up. When I don't know or haven't seen it, I just say so or abstain from commenting.
Criticise my opinions away, but don't call me a liar.

I'm also pretty sure I put down quite a few posts about the U20's games in the past, including high praise on young Ashley, but I don't do that anymore, because I barely have a chance of watching a U20's game live nowadays.
I still watch replays of the games I can get my mits on, or the live broadcast when possible. Unfortunately, I probably saw less than half the games he played since coming back from injury last season, but in every one of them, he played like a true halfback, some more successfully than others, and I really do not recall which are which... :noidea:

Seems like you're jumping to conclusions. Liar wasn't mentioned nor was it inferred. That is my opinion outside looking in. As far as I can see it was just BP asking you to provide evidence of a claim and when you can't ,it makes it less likely. I have had the same experience with you, asking for evidence for a claim and you were too tired to write a few lines.

@Morkel , although i can't speak for anyone else, i think for some of us, it is a case of what we believe will be the better combination going forward.

for me, it is a case of:

why settle for a good Milford at 6, when we can have a great Milford at 1.
why settle for a good spine, when we can have a great spine.
why settle for average wingers when we can have at least 1 elite winger (Boyd)

IMO, Taylor offers us something in the halves that i don't believe either Hunt or Milford offers us ... i.e. Vision (something that i'm not sure can be taught) and organisation. I think that Taylor and Hunt complement each other, throw in an electrifying Milford picking his moments from the back and Boyd showing his finishing skills out wide and we have the makings of an exciting team to watch, as well as being successful team.

Boyd does exactly the same thing as Maranta on the wing (according to some on here) so why waste his talents on the wing when he does do some great things from the back. We are winning games on the back of our goal line defense and if we want Luke Brooks-like tackles costing us games every week then give Taylor a spot and we can all come on here and whinge like it's 2012-2013 all over again.

Active Now

• Sanjit Joseph
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.