Kangaroo + Kiwi Teams Announced - Official

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Kangaroo Team Announced Offical

Mister Wright said:
Can't believe Glenn hasn't been selected in the NZ side.

Same here. I thought he would definitely get a run.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Big congratulations to Gerard Beale though, that selection has come right out of nowhere!

Wiki says he's a relative of Zinzan Brooke.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That's good for us.

Strange that Beale has been picked over Glenn though.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Big congratulations to Gerard Beale though, that selection has come right out of nowhere!

Wiki says he's a relative of Zinzan Brooke.

Reading this just reminded me of Jonah Lomu Rugby. Epic game.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
for some reason Greg Eastwood was on my train today from Roma Street to Nerang. On his own bouncing his head to the music he was listening to.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Wow, 13 Queenslanders. Is that some sort of record?

I think the team in the ANZAC Test of 2009 had all Queenslanders from 1-10, so it'd be between those two.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I like Yow Yeh, but his selection is one of the reasons why international RL is crap at the moment. It's the same as when David Williams got picked in 08.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
I like Yow Yeh, but his selection is one of the reasons why international RL is crap at the moment. It's the same as when David Williams got picked in 08.

Serious question - is there a winger in the comp in better form at the moment? Not being bias but I honestly think he's the best performed winger in the comp so far this season.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Alec said:

That makes no sense at all.

How so? Rewarding really short term form, promoting a player to international level when he hasn't even played for his state...none of these things make sense if International football is to be taken seriously.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Idris ahead of Parker is really very stupid.
Parker seems to be last choice for rep selection no matter how good he plays mean while Gidley is first choice no matter how shit he plays. In saying that I really hope he wasn't selected because he doesn't deserve it rather than injury.

The great J Hodges proved that even with all the haters hatin' he's still the best centre in the game and proved all the doubters wrong. What a player.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Besides I'm pretty sure that Yow Yeh selection had also a lot to do with his combinationw with Hodges, which makes absolute sense to me.
I just hope NSFails don't get a hint from it, they might actually become competitive! :P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pick combinations?

They made a huge fuss about selecting two Parra players on one side and two St. Merge players on another. They were all shown up.

NSW just have to pick a good forward pack and halves combination and they'd be alright.

Stoked for the test team, I thought we'd get the copy paste job of past teams with only Hodges, Hayne and Inglis to return but it's good to see Sheens reward some form.

I can live with Creagh too, the International arena isn't as physical as Origin and he may be better suited at this level.

Idris will provide some impact off the bench and that's all you really want when you have Sammy T, Creagh and Gallen in there.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's a silly thought to say you shouldn't play for Aus until you play for your state. What about players going on end of season tours to the UK who get rewarded for finals form but didn't play origin? Eg Folau?

Some league people say stupid shit

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
It could be because Meninga doesn't plan to select Yow Yeh for QLD, but will be under immense pressure to pick him now he's made the test side.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I just think it has to be that way to be taken seriously. International RL technically should be the highest honour a player can achieve, but these days it seems to be incredibly easy to make the side.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
I just think it has to be that way to be taken seriously. International RL technically should be the highest honour a player can achieve, but these days it seems to be incredibly easy to make the side.

I've said it before, Rugby League is a different game on the International scene compared to other sports such as Union and Soccer. Like it or not Origin is the pinnacle and has been for a long time, even though International League has made good progress over the last 5 years.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Alec said:
That statement is unbelievably naive, just ask Uate, Parker, and other players who have been knocking on the door for a while, but never get a look in.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.