OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to Salford via the Broncos

re: OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to the Broncos

Chris Garry has reported it as official not long after he said he was going to speak to Hook. It is done
Stoked!

Hopefully we lock him up quickly. This is the first signing we've made in a long time that I'm happy with.

Lama Tasi is a blue chip player with tremendous upside. One of my biggest complaints about the Broncos pack is the lack of intimidation and Tasi brings this with his frame (189cm, 106kgs) and ability to hit like a truck.

However, I'd envisioned Tasi as a perfect fit for our club ever since we were thoroughly trounced by the Chookes in R3. They absolutely monstered us that night and I just thought we could use one of their monster forwards in our pack. Tasi wasn't playing that night, I believe he was nursing some injury he picked up in the pre-season but his Queensland heritage made him an ideal pick.

I don't want to huff too much smoke up his butt just yet as he's really only one piece of the puzzle but finally after all these months of being linked to nuffies I'm absolutely satisfied that we signed him. The idea of him and Hala (another former Roosters big boppa) working in tandem is bloody good and I hope he can win you over penny.

Excellent! After the Dogs game i have been hoping for a huge guy. The Dogs monstered us. That game really highlighted how small we are.

It's a good start to our recruitment this season. Lets hope it isn't the last signing.

Admittedly I haven't seen too much of him, as watching Roosters games make nauseous...but isn't he apparently like their 5th or 6th choice prop? And their front row isn't exactly impressive either...

Like most haven't seen much of him but a hard hitting aggressive forward is what we are lacking so it is a good signing.

Admittedly I haven't seen too much of him, as watching Roosters games make nauseous...but isn't he apparently like their 5th or 6th choice prop? And their front row isn't exactly impressive either...

yeah i am wondering why he wasnt back in the 17 more permanently, but moa got a chance because tasi was injured and moa has been superb this year.

moa + jwh + kennedy is a pretty good trio if you ask me. then they've got luke odonnell who is deadset terrible but must be an auto choice for whatever reason.

the roosters have been winning games so its understandable that you wouldnt change what is working.

I like this, a lot. Hannant/McGuire to start, Tasi/Hala off the bench doesn't lose anything. We need some big mongrel (I do think Hala will get there and I can't wait to see him at his best, which I feel is coming). At 23 his best is still a couple of years away, fantastic stuff.

Now we just need Hook NOT to take the aggression out of him...

Very happy with this signing, can't wait to see him in our colours.
Please please please shift Thaiday back to 2nd row now !!

I just want some official confirmation and for no rain and no twitter rants

BrisbaneTimes have it online, but I guess/hope an official announcement will happen soon

Late deals see Tasi to Broncos, Galea to Dogs

Roosters forward Lama Tasi has made a mid-season move to Brisbane in a deal that was ratified on Friday afternoon.
The Roosters granted the 23-year-old prop, who was contracted until the end of 2013, an immediate release so he could take up the offer from the Broncos.
Canterbury also finalised a contract for Danny Galea, signing the Penrith utility forward as cover for any injuries to frontline players for the rest of the season. Galea is a veteran of 134 games for the Panthers, Tigers and Raiders but hasn't been able to crack first grade at the foot of the mountains this year.
It is understood the Storm are interested in Penrith flyer Travis Robinson for next year after negotiations for a to move to Canberra broke down. Robinson was desperate to play alongside his brother, Reece, in the nation's capital and a deal was almost brokered. But the Raiders opted for Warrior Bill Tupou instead.
Advertisement
The Storm have lost three-quarter Matt Duffie for the year with a knee injury, but Penrith had not received any approach regarding Robinson on Friday about a possible deal for this season.
St George Illawarra attempted to bolster their halves stocks with the mid-season signing of Sam Williams, but the Raiders blocked the move in the event of injuries.
At Parramatta, a dozen players were this month told their services would not be required next season and the club wouldn't prevent most from leaving early. While Cheyse Blair has been linked to Brisbane, his manager said the move wouldn't be happening.
And Eels co-captain Reni Maitua reiterated his commitment to the blue and golds for the rest of the season, with a tweet.
Tasi's manager Jim Banaghan made contact with the Broncos at 8pm on Thursday. A deal was put together by the next morning and ratified later that afternoon.
''I've really enjoyed my time at the Roosters and I'm grateful they've let me go to pursue this opportunity,'' Tasi said.
Tasi has played 30 games for the tricolours since joining the Roosters in 2011 and, realising he was stuck behind a gun forward pack, officials granted his release request.
Newcastle signed former Canberra halfback Michael Dobson from the Super League. The Hull KR playmaker will join the Green Machine next year.

Read more: Late deals see Tasi to Broncos, Galea to Dogs

Tasi's manager Jim Banaghan made contact with the Broncos at 8pm on Thursday. A deal was put together by the next morning and ratified later that afternoon.''I've really enjoyed my time at the Roosters and I'm grateful they've let me go to pursue this opportunity,'' Tasi said

Interesting, looks like the player contacted us and the next morning there was a deal on the table.

Glad Gee or somebody over at Red Hill reads my posts.

Tasi is/was one of those players that you troll through zero tackle looking for value/potential/something! and while very few jump off the page at you, he was certainly one of them.

You only need to have seen one or two of his few games for the Roosters and you could see he has something. Now whether he has the discipline in his game to become a quality first grader, time will tell.

There is very little downside with him. We need big tough front rowers which will hopefully give us back one of the best backrowers in the game. That is Lama Tasi. He lacks experience but is only 23. He would be very low cost so certainly worth a shot.

Just about everybody in this thread has applauded this signing. How often does that happen ? :001_rolleyes:

As mentioned above ... Cheyse Blair on the other hand ... no fucking way ... he is crap with a capital C

Oink !

ps Jack Wighton next please

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.