OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to Salford via the Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Re: OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to the Broncos

We seem pretty set in the backrow for a few years to come with Gillett, Thaiday, Oates - Etc

Maybe we should develop Glenn into a centre, make him shed a few KG's in the off-season and get his footwork back to it's best.

Hodges won't be around forever and I think Glenn would be a pretty good replacement for him.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Also: Broncos Sign Giant Prop From Roosters - Brisbane Broncos

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos can confirm the club has signed Queensland Emerging Origin front rower Lama Tasi.

Tasi, 23, has received an immediate release from the Roosters and will head back to Queensland.

At 190cm and 108kg Tasi will add bulk to the Broncos' roster, said General Manager of Football Operations, Andrew Gee.
"Lama will bring in some good size to our forward depth," said Gee.

"We are very pleased we were able to secure an immediate agreement for him so he can join our squad for the 2013 season."
Born in Auckland, Tasi played his junior rugby league at Goodna Eagles and went to school at Ipswich Grammar.

He graduated to the Queensland Cup before heading to Sydney to nurture his career.

He has now played 30 games in the NRL since joining the Roosters in 2011.

He made his NRL and club debut against the Gold Coast Titans in round 8 that year.

Last year Tasi's future prospects were underlined when Mal Meninga named in the Queensland Emerging Origin squad.

He will attend Broncos' training next week and will be attached to Ipswich for Queensland Cup duties.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

A lot of the comments here say they haven't seen much of him and yet automatically have the guy in the 17 and even starting? The grass isn't always greener, just because hes from another club doesn't make him better than those already at the club. He was brought in to cover an area where we are light in, but it's not a free pass into the 17, he will likely have to prove himself first to get ahead in the pecking order.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

He'll more than likely play a few games for Ipswich before he gets a crack in the top side.

Hopefully he can get to first grade qucikly.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

He said forward depth, not forward pack, intimating that Anderson will be played ahead of him.

If the bench is named based on impact/form, there's not a chance in hell Anderson/Lui play another game this year, not including injuries.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I doubt we'll see him until Round 18 which is hopefully what Gee is insinuating as that's when we'll be requiring our depth players. Hopefully Tasi tears the house down and doesn't ruin his opportunity because I see more in him than most of our depth players.

While I think most of us would like to see him in the team asap the logistics of flying him over to Auckland today with no training runs and no time to get himself settled at the club could be silly. The Storm game isn't ideal either given the boys are staying there and will have limited preparation time.

I'm sure the Jets are happy though - finally the Broncos have given then somebody. That connection was another aspect that I thought would lure Tasi to us.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

The Jets, eh. Ipswich...where the trees are (missing) and skies are (fugly).

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

I doubt we'll see him until Round 18 which is hopefully what Gee is insinuating as that's when we'll be requiring our depth players. Hopefully Tasi tears the house down and doesn't ruin his opportunity because I see more in him than most of our depth players.

While I think most of us would like to see him in the team asap the logistics of flying him over to Auckland today with no training runs and no time to get himself settled at the club could be silly. The Storm game isn't ideal either given the boys are staying there and will have limited preparation time.

I'm sure the Jets are happy though - finally the Broncos have given then somebody. That connection was another aspect that I thought would lure Tasi to us.

Jets turn players down.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

A lot of the comments here say they haven't seen much of him and yet automatically have the guy in the 17 and even starting? The grass isn't always greener, just because hes from another club doesn't make him better than those already at the club. He was brought in to cover an area where we are light in, but it's not a free pass into the 17, he will likely have to prove himself first to get ahead in the pecking order.

Getting ahead in the pecking order?

The only pecking order worth anything is form, and that means Hannant, McGuire and daylight, well, maybe Hala late afternoon

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

He will join granville in playing qcup for the rest 2013

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Admittedly I haven't seen too much of him, as watching Roosters games make nauseous...but isn't he apparently like their 5th or 6th choice prop? And their front row isn't exactly impressive either...

Hmmmm....,

Moa has played out of his skin this season. (I think some were talking him up for the Anzac Test?)

JWH .......Kiwi test front rower

Kennedy ....... fringe SOO player

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013

The Jets, eh. Ipswich...where the trees are (missing) and skies are (fugly).

U love poking fun at rugby league heartlands, first Logan, now Ipswich. Where do u live? Hamilton? Noosa Heads? Somehow I doubt it.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.