PRE-GAME Round 12 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Opportunity for Brenko and Coates to put on a show for the opposition. Who's going to be left with buyers remorse?

Opportunity for Hynes to show Kevvie what he can bring to the Broncs.

Would have thought knowing Kennedy was crook this week we would have kept a forward, or at least lodge in the reserves. We are essentially playing with a 3 man bench, Copley won’t get on unless we lose a back. Oates at least has some versatility.
I think we could've asked to bring in a forward if we wanted to.

It's not like teams are forced to play a back if they lost their starting hooker because they cut them from the 21 earlier.

Where NRL would deny that request would be something along the lines of Melbourne trying to bring Paps in now, because a forward or someone drops out.

Paps is a known starter who wasnt initially picked in the 21, and is also not a like for like replacement for a forward. It would be obvious rorting.

That being said I have no idea why Kevvie isn't bringing a forward into the team.

Best indigenous round promo I've seen, good stuff.
I often find myself asking if using rap is cultural appropriation though. Any other time maybe not, but when making a cultural statement I'm not so sure.

It’s entirely possible someone in the backline has a niggle too, hence why Copley is brought in.

Oh man, haas is going to have to have a blinder with flegler pulling his finger out.
I'm sick my guy didn't get his chance and I'm hating Asiata at prop. Mind you, if he can channel Danny Nutley we have a real good chance. I thought Flegler would be the new prop.

Replacing your prop with a back... I don’t get it.

I often find myself asking if using rap is cultural appropriation though. Any other time maybe not, but when making a cultural statement I'm not so sure.
I see it more about the artist they were able to get... Baker Boy is a very popular and successful indigenous artist and he often raps in an indigenous language as well.

I'd say he's a very good choice to include in their marketting.

The biggest issue I have with the ad is how much they emphasize previous indigenous players... it seems the majority of the highlights are former players rather than current players.

That can create a perception that there aren't as many indigenous players in the league compared to previous years

Its sad how the Storm is missing 3/4 of the spine, but some of their replacements are still better than what the Broncos have (Hynes > Isaako, Smith > Turpin)

I'm sick my guy didn't get his chance and I'm hating Asiata at prop. Mind you, if he can channel Danny Nutley we have a real good chance. I thought Flegler would be the new prop.
Yeah with the lack of prop options I would have thought Asiata would have been smarter at Lock as he could probably play the full 80

Active Now

• Allo
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • lynx000
  • azza.79
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Locky24
  • Big Del
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.