Round 12 - Broncos vs Storm

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Robati ran with energy, we sorely missed Haas in that 2nd half.

Milford was the worst player out there tonight, can't see how any club can seriously offer him any sort of a contract that is more than what you'd pay a player who is in development and to think this is the bloke we had marked as the future of the club.
Plus Milford never got to meet griffin so he can’t even join the ex broncos brigade down there

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Our best opening 20 minutes this year has been our first game against the eels before we shit the bed

I would argue that our best first 20mins have come against storm twice, panthers, eels and rosters.

We aren’t capable of playing for the entire 80mins. Only one of those games we went on to win. We should have beaten cowboys we were the best team for 78mins. The only games that I removed where we have been blown off the park quickly and went onto lose the game are the eels in Darwin and Manly at Suncorp.

Our draw has been putrid too. Only team we have played so far who
aren’t in the top 10 is bulldogs. It’s round 12 and we have played 5 games already against the top 3 teams in the comp with another 3 games coming against teams in the top 6.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Some goon at Fox writes "Storm star shows Broncs what they're missing in audition for Red Hill" .. is he serious, does he think we don't know every single gut-wrenching week what we're missing when we see the likes of Fifita, Welch, Walker and pretty soon Dearden running around in someone else's colours. Makes me sick to the stomach.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Badel match report:

Haas injury: tbc
Bye bye Milf: "produced arguably the worst performance of his 189-game NRL career."
Hynes: "totally outpointed Brisbane opposite Jamayne Isaako."
Tropical Cyclone Robati: "showed the fearlessness of a 100-gamer" "like a young Gorden Tallis."
Flegler: "fell asleep at the blocks." "foolish to farewell Lodge" "should cut Tom Flegler instead."
To be honest badel is correct on this one

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
You could tell we missed Gamble in that one. He wouldn't of won us the game, but I don't think the second half would of been as disjointed us if he was there.

I also wonder if Kevie said something along the lines of taking control of the game at halftime, but it got misinterpreted or lost in translation?

Whoever was in commentary on Fox (Flanagan?) said the phrase "Get back into a rhythm" after halftime when TPJ made the error and threw the offload which they scored on. Is it the jargon/technobabble that's the problem?

Voss also couldn't get enough of "Trap n Scrap" either, could he? (When Milford stuck his foot out)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm not as down as many after that. We always get smashed by Melbourne but we are a reserve grade team with most of our best players out, on one leg or injured during the game. Plus we have a million dollar anchor stopping us ever getting going.

I thought Flegs, Haas, Bullemor to an extent, Hetherington definitely and The Cyclone were all pretty good in the forwards. Herbs tried hard but seemed hampered from his usual agile self. Arthars intrigues me, he's pretty solid and Isaako was ok without doing anything great. Throw in a couple of key signings next year and we are a serious football team with some great young guys despite everything we've lost.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Milford was bad, but who cares, he can't be used as an excuse for the rest of the faults. The team is simply incapable of stringing performances together. The pack got completely outgunned this week, whereas they were all firing against the Roosters. I know Lodge was missing and Haas picked up an injury later, but they are still just incapable of lifting two weeks in a row at this moment.
Mr Robati was probably the only one who stood out and he was on debut.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
One positive was that we kept them out for the final 15-20 mins. When Cheese scored his second try around the 60th minute, I thought for sure they would hit the 50+ mark. I thought we scrambled pretty well in that last 15 mins and kept turning up. Sort of coincided when Milf got replaced.

Loch Ness Monster

Loch Ness Monster

QCup Player
Oct 19, 2016
I just read Flegler is supposedly on 600k?
Someone tell me it isn’t so. That’s absolutely criminal, and more than Haas if I’m not mistaken.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
We lost = bad.
Milf got hooked and will never be seen in a Broncos jersey again = good.
According to Kev, Milf didn’t get “hooked” he replaced him with Copley to give Copley some minutes.

Kev took great care to explain this to Anthony, so there were no misconceptions on Anthony’s part, that taking him off the field, was in any way related to his atrocious performance on it…

Fark me. How precious are these wankers? Yes, Milf I hooked you because you were absolutely farking terrible. You hear that, squad? Anyone who plays as bad as that overpaid hack did tonight in future, will get hooked as well? Comprende?

Don’t like it? Feel free to request a release from the club and pack your bags…

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I just read Flegler is supposedly on 600k?
Someone tell me it isn’t so. That’s absolutely criminal, and more than Haas if I’m not mistaken.
It is so. The reason we are releasing Lodge and not him, is because other clubs are actually interested in Lodge…

We’re stuck with the useless prick.

E

eazy-duzzit

NYC Player
Apr 4, 2019
Another game where Isaako kicks out on the full when the we're under the pump Honestly it happens way too may times for it to be a coincidence, dude shits the bed with his kickoffs whenever a bit of pressure starts to build.

Milf was terrible and surely is the last game in a Broncos jersey unless it's a situation like this week where there's no other choice. Kelly was competing with him for worst player on the field.

Commentary is forever gassing up Coates and his leaping ability, but what good is that if he never bloody catches the ball?! Seems like Cobbo is set to debut any week now. It might as well be in Coates' place, can't get any worse defensively than what Coates brings.

Missed Lodgey big time tonight. Asiata should never start at prop again, he just can't get the job done. I hope he goes back to the bench and plays the same sort of role Jake Trbojevic does for NSW.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Swordfish
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • Maddy
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • Matheos
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.