Round 12 - Broncos vs Storm

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
Just got home from the game. I blame all of you for making me supremely confident and backing the Broncos on the line of -19.5. Only consolation was the satisfaction of getting dirty looks in my Titans jersey.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Your macca love is showing pretty badly here.

Turpin is reportedly on 250-300k and playing 80 minutes making 50+ tackles a week. He'd be the definition of being paid about what he's worth. If he was any good, he'd be on 500k. If he was great he'd be on 800k.

Even the staunchest Turpin defender would have to admit Turpin is not as good as a player as Macca. Macca was never top tier, but he wasn’t bottom tier like most in here claimed. Turpin is far from a ‘God’ either, you could argue he is as good as a defender as Macca, but his attack, which at the start of his career was promising has died into something resembling a pile of 💩.

I loved the way Turpin started his career, even started this season. But he has regressed significantly that much that his spot in the team should be questioned.

I’ll admit Turpin has heart, but he is stinking it up big time and the excuse of his pay packet just doesn’t cut it.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Call me glass half full but there were positives. It’s Melbourne, our bogey team who are putting scores on everyone for the last 9 weeks and I reckon we did better than most of them.

As always fundamentals killed us and that’s a mix of youth and desperation. Pangai tried too hard perhaps but he took it upon himself to help when we were down on troops can’t get up him for that. Palasia missed tackles but he hasn’t played on the edge in QLD cup all season now he’s playing next to a seriously out of form half and a struggling middle so I can give him slack.

We created chances and showed determination to keep them out towards the end which we wouldn’t have done over the last two years.

Last year I said I would be happy loosing as long there was effort and there has been a big improvement from last year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Just got home from the game. I blame all of you for making me supremely confident and backing the Broncos on the line of -19.5. Only consolation was the satisfaction of getting dirty looks in my Titans jersey.

Dude, everyone knows you never back Brisbane against Melbourne, it’s throwing money away.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Also, did Kevvie let slip Hynes might have signed or am I reading way too much into things?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
1) Sign Hynes
2) Let Milford, Dearden and Coates rot together in Q Cup - soulless *****
3) Flegler is the dumbest gumby and should be sent to the glue factory and Lodge should be retained over him
Surely some club with a hardon for our jrs (Titans, Cows, Warriors, Dragons, etc) would jump at Flegler at full price.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Milf sucked even more than usual and we lost. Notice how we (mostly) stopped playing dumb football while he wasn’t in the side? Tell him he’s not required at training any longer, because there’s literally no positive to him being around the team

we didn’t make the early field position count. If we had scored 3 or 4 we could’ve had the permission to throw the ball around like we did.

Disclaimer: Turned the game replay off after the Jennings try, so let me know if there’s anything crucial I missed. Edit: just watched highlights, should mention first try was obstruction and johns’s try was a mile forward, but we got a couple our way last week

@Mister Wright deserves a ban for his heresy

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Another game where Isaako kicks out on the full when the we're under the pump Honestly it happens way too may times for it to be a coincidence, dude shits the bed with his kickoffs whenever a bit of pressure starts to build.

Milf was terrible and surely is the last game in a Broncos jersey unless it's a situation like this week where there's no other choice. Kelly was competing with him for worst player on the field.

Commentary is forever gassing up Coates and his leaping ability, but what good is that if he never bloody catches the ball?! Seems like Cobbo is set to debut any week now. It might as well be in Coates' place, can't get any worse defensively than what Coates brings.

Missed Lodgey big time tonight. Asiata should never start at prop again, he just can't get the job done. I hope he goes back to the bench and plays the same sort of role Jake Trbojevic does for NSW.
He didn’t even say one set after doing it.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Kick Groin GIF by Idiocracy

Bye Milford.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I actually think most the team was really good for the first 30 minutes. We were winning in many areas but you can’t win without halves and Kelly was bad and Milford had the worst game from a half that I can remember, both in attack and defence.

The errors started to creep into the forwards because they have no one directing them, no one to yell at them about holding on to the ball, and due to frustrations of having no halves they started to try and force big plays themselves.

The amount of damage it must do to your morale to do all the good work our forwards and back do only for the halves to kick it out on the full, drop it, not get the kick away, put it dead, attack the wrong side. The errors start to creep in, they go for big plays, they start to tire in defence, and then the Vlandy ball inevitable snowball effect starts to blow you away - and this only makes thing wore because you have no faith in your halves to mount a comeback or swing momentum.

Despite all that we matched Melbourne or where even on top for 30 minutes. I am certain that if you have a dominate voice and competent playmaker anywhere in our spine last night, the efforts of that first 30 minutes would allow them to build pressure and score points. I think with Reynolds in the team we go to half time in the lead.

Milford should be paid out and immediately released after last night. I think his worse crime was the last play of the first half, Turpin was at dummy half and Milf was first receiver with his back turned to the play the ball, slowly walking infield. Turpin kept waiting for him to turn as he was the only available part option and he kept his back to him. Turpin, on the last play of the half, got tackled at hooker because Milford didn’t have any interest in receiving the ball. Useless

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • BroncoFan94
  • Battler
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.