Bluebet Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it, but we probably win that Grand Final with Jock instead of Reynolds. Actually more confident with him in the team.

I hate to say it, but we probably win that Grand Final with Jock instead of Reynolds. Actually more confident with him in the team.

He throws some nice passes .
I have appreciated that he is very often involved in play leading to tries .

But , kicking and direction are what we want to see along with tidy defence .
I won`t be surprised if Billy and Smoothy kick a little more along with Walsh`s usual kick that goes dead in goal . LOL . To take the focus off Jock for this game at least .

Jock isn't half as bad as people make him out to be, haven't seen so much negativity about him in this thread but I have in the past in other threads.

He does his job, kicks well, tackles well and challenges the line from time to time. They don't all hit the NRL looking like the next big thing. I am obviously not a Souths fan but I reckon there would have been a time where their fans weren't convinced he was the answer and then he turned into more than their answer, he turned into a monumental loss.

Reynolds got injured in the first half too, it was a miracle he even stayed on. That surely affected him, I don't think a healthy Reynolds loses to Madden in any situation last year.
We've joked about this here in PNG. The old wives tale about "women weakening legs" is still a strong belief around these parts 😆. She'll need to visit with a curse from the local shaman and that'll really screw up the Crimson Chin

I'm hoping to see Willison this game, I would bring him for Taupau on the bench.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Madden goes, just got a feeling he's going to arrive.
Same. He has to.

Jock isn't half as bad as people make him out to be, haven't seen so much negativity about him in this thread but I have in the past in other threads.

He does his job, kicks well, tackles well and challenges the line from time to time. They don't all hit the NRL looking like the next big thing. I am obviously not a Souths fan but I reckon there would have been a time where their fans weren't convinced he was the answer and then he turned into more than their answer, he turned into a monumental loss.
Is anyone saying he's "bad?" Or that he hasn't shown enough to succeed Reyno?

A pass mark from me in the trial, and for what it's worth (not a lot) he topped the fantasy points in that match. But Sailor got all the attention. Albeit with caveats.

But this is also a trial - a much more serious one: he's auditioning to replace Adam Reynolds, maybe as early as this season. He has one, two, maybe three matches to show us something, anything, superior to what Adam currently offers. He's not trialling to be depth, he's trialling to be a matchwinner. Billy will do for depth. We have plenty of other hookers.

Jock's no rookie. At 24 he's a year older than Dearden, and speaking only for myself, I saw more promise from Dearden when we cut him loose than I've seen from Jock to date. He needs to be more than someone who doesn't lose us a game. He needs to be the player who wins us one. This one.

His time is now. This match.

It's not the halfback play that we will miss - we have plenty of attacking flair and strike power all across the park and ballplaying options in other key positions. It's not even really the kicking that we will miss, as we have 3 other spine players who can kick in general play.

What we'll miss is the calmness, the composure, the leadership and the steady guidance of a field general who has been there and done it all before and someone who is willing to lead both through actions and words. A leader who has that burning desire and expectation of winning no matter what.

Say what you want about Reynold's form in the past few games, but his impact on this team goes so far beyond what he offers from the 7 role. Madden will do fine with kicking, passing and playing first receiver... but we can't replace the other elements that Reynolds brings and that's why we will struggle whenever he's not on the field.

Hoping with a few more years that we will see Carrigan, Walsh and maybe Mam ascend to that level, but there's a long way to go yet.

What we'll miss is the calmness, the composure, the leadership and the steady guidance of a field general who has been there and done it all before

I don`t know that Reynolds is that player .
He wasn`t exactly calm and composed in the GF ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • dasherhalo
  • phoenix
  • LittleDavey
  • Lostboy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • Old Mate
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.