Tim Sheens....

Should Sheens keep his job as Australian Coach?

• Total voters
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2zgwt1rh]
ningnangnong said:
I'd take Prince over Cronk every day of the week.

really???

Yeah, that's why I said it. [icon_confu

At the Broncos right now?? I don't like either player TBH but Cronk has more upside IMO. Prince is a gun though.[/quote:2zgwt1rh]

It's been mentioned, but I reckon Prince is a far more natural halfback.

Sure, Cronk is good, he can play to a plan, etc. But Prince is one of those players that can conjure up something from nothing. He's got flair, and that's what I'd want a halfback in my team to have.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2a2a7zid]
ningnangnong said:
I'd take Prince over Cronk every day of the week.

really???

Yeah, that's why I said it. [icon_confu

At the Broncos right now?? I don't like either player TBH but Cronk has more upside IMO. Prince is a gun though.

It's been mentioned, but I reckon Prince is a far more natural halfback.

Sure, Cronk is good, he can play to a plan, etc. But Prince is one of those players that can conjure up something from nothing. He's got flair, and that's what I'd want a halfback in my team to have.[/quote:2a2a7zid]

Fair call, would be interesting to see Cronk playing full time in a team not coached by Bellamy. i think Cronk is under-rated TBH

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I do too. I would only take Prince because he's proven that he can do it. And everytime he whinged to the ref, he gets a slap.

Cronk's a bloody good player, but unproven outside of Melbourne and Smith.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Personally I think Prince and Cronk are pretty much on par. Both have different strengths and weaknesses. I'm not bothered which one gets the gig if Thurston is unavailable.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cronk is a better all-round player when you're talking about attack and defence.

Prince on the other hand is a much more lethal player.

Unfortunately, I honestly thought Prince didn't bring his A-game to 2010, sure he won the Dally M for the halfback award...but Cronk was basically forgotten due to the Storm scandal leaving only Pearce to contest Prince...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
As others have said, Prince winning the award is more an indictment on the lack of quality halves around.

Thurston injured for most of the year.
Wallace was crap.
Pearce was good.
Hornby...LOLZ.
Lui...LOLZ.
McCrohn....LOLZ.
Sandow...LOLZ.
Hodkinson...LOLZ

Seriously, it was one of the worst seasons for 7s I've ever seen.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think Hodkinson was that bad, especially for a rookie half.

Hornby for mine was Prince's closest competition and while I don't rate him as a half, I thought he was one of the key reasons behind the Dragons success.

That and the somebody narked on the Storm.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
As others have said, Prince winning the award is more an indictment on the lack of quality halves around.

Thurston injured for most of the year.
Wallace was crap.
Pearce was good.
Hornby...LOLZ.
Lui...LOLZ.
McCrohn....LOLZ.
Sandow...LOLZ.
Hodkinson...LOLZ

Seriously, it was one of the worst seasons for 7s I've ever seen.

Perhaps a little harsh on Hornby. Generally ordinary when he's at halfback but I thought he had a decent season.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wouldn't even call Hornby a halfback... He just wears the 7 out of convenience.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
2-3 years ago, Prince > Cronk

Now, Cronk > Prince. Better defender better kicking game, running game at least on par with prince.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
McCrone had a really good year, improved a great deal and it will be interesting to see how he backs it up with more responsibility with Campese out for so long.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The fact people are speaking positively of the Jack of all Trades, master of none Hornby shows just how weak halfbacks were this year.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
The fact people are speaking positively of the Jack of all Trades, master of none Hornby shows just how weak halfbacks were this year.

Hornby had a good year, but he's the same type of player as Shaun Berrigan was. Put them in any number jersey and they will do the same sort of job.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I really didn't rate McCrone's year, decent running game and good cross-field kick...that was about it.

And Cox, Hornby's year would've rated just as highly as it was this year, this isn't a weighted scale he actually did have a good year.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
I really didn't rate McCrone's year, decent running game and good cross-field kick...that was about it.

And Cox, Hornby's year would've rated just as highly as it was this year, this isn't a weighted scale he actually did have a good year.

It is a weighted scale! If Thurston, Prince, Cronk, Orford, Johns etc were around and playing strongly people would've gone "yeah, Hornby had a good year, but he's no Thurston, Prince, Cronk, Orford, Johns"...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I wouldn't say that's a weighted scale though.

I mean let's say Hornby's 2010 rated a 7/10, had those players played and played as well as they could Hornby's score would still remain a 7/10 hence why I don't believe there's a weighted scale.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
OK, whatever you say. As proven with your endless roundabout arguments with AP, there's no point arguing with you.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Well you sort of agreed with me anyways.

Point being that Hornby had a good season and should be honoured as such.

Now say if we were deciding the Dally M award and ranking it against previous years, then yeah there's definitely a scale there and I think that's the point you were trying to make.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • The Don
  • lakers133334
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.