Tim Sheens....

Should Sheens keep his job as Australian Coach?

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Big Pete said:
Well you sort of agreed with me anyways.

Point being that Hornby had a good season and should be honoured as such.

Now say if we were deciding the Dally M award and ranking it against previous years, then yeah there's definitely a scale there and I think that's the point you were trying to make.
If you say so. I agree with Coxy, if there were 5-6 quality halfbacks around Hornby would be seen for what he is, which is dead average at best. He only seems to be "good" this year because pretty much all the other halfbacks were shit or non-existent.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
broncospwn said:
Big Pete said:
Well you sort of agreed with me anyways.

Point being that Hornby had a good season and should be honoured as such.

Now say if we were deciding the Dally M award and ranking it against previous years, then yeah there's definitely a scale there and I think that's the point you were trying to make.
If you say so. I agree with Coxy, if there were 5-6 quality halfbacks around Hornby would be seen for what he is, which is dead average at best. He only seems to be "good" this year because pretty much all the other halfbacks were shit or non-existent.

You're probably right it appears I'm in the minority with this issue.

Final say before we continue roasting Sheens.

I disagree with the principle that players should be rated on a scale, to me it's not a fair way to give certain players their due and it doesn't paint the picture of the game correctly.

Let's say for instance Josh Hoffman, now I reckon Josh Hoffman had a good if not great season but would arguably be just outside the top 5 for fullbacks in 2010. Does that undermine Josh's good work? Hell no, I still think Josh had a good if not great season and would be happy to honour it.

Same with Hornby, I personally thought he did a good job of leading the Dragons pack around and giving the likes of Boyd and Soward room to move.

Now if we're talking about positional awards it's totally different, there's definitely a scale there and I think there's proof of that when a player like Scott Prince can win an award while players like Rogers, Friend and Bailey not being recognised despite arguably having better seasons than their team mate.

That's enough out of me, critique me all you want.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
2-3 years ago, Prince > Cronk

Now, Cronk > Prince. Better defender better kicking game, running game at least on par with prince.

I'm on this.

Under Bellyache - Cronk was this 7 staight out from the textbook, so boring and mechanical. These days I see him use his running game a lot more thus leading to some instinctive plays. His growing as a payer IMO. Prince is quality but a lack of high level football over the years is showing... he only has a couple of chances to play BIG GAME matches per year and its showing.

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.