Your NSW Team

That spine has zero creativity outside of Farah and maybe Pearce (and that's a stretch). Hoppa and Cordner must be the golden boys of NSWRL, they haven't really done much to warrant selection over Lewis and Johnston.

Hopoate's 2 origin performances were very good and he is a lot better than Johnston. Johnston would just be a Nathan Merritt fail, he knows how to finish a try I'll give him that but he does pretty much nothing elsewhere. You're joking if you think Cordner doesn't deserve to be there, he has been great for the Roosters and should've been playing for Australia.

I still would've had Lewis there though.

It's amazing that Fensom still cannot get a run with the injuries. He may not be the flashiest player and probably not in form compared to his usual standard, but he's basically NSW's version of Dallas Johnson. He'll give you 80 and tackle til the cows come home. You need that starch in defence. He's in my team even with everyone fit. Gallen can play prop.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of needing defensive minded players in your pack, no way I'd pick Fensom at this stage, especially with Beau Scott in the starting pack, who is also defensively minded.

Jackson is a bit overrated in my eyes however, not sure if he's starting material in origin, I would've gone with Lewis at lock personally.

I just can't believe they'd pick Dugan over Moylan. Moylan is an absolute gun!

Why are they starting Jackson at lock when he doesn't even play there at club level....cheers NSW!

Their weakness is the halves. Even though Maloney can be a turnstile, he'd lift for Origin, and there's no doubting his attacking combination with Pearce and his kicking game has also been very good. For me, they would have been more dangerous with the club combinations - Roosters halves, Jennings, Tupou, and Cordner starting.

Lewis is like Hodges: skilled and dangerous and ready to get injured and carried off.

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure Matty Johns said he would put Pearce in at 7 last night. **** I hope they take that advice.

It's amazing that Fensom still cannot get a run with the injuries. He may not be the flashiest player and probably not in form compared to his usual standard, but he's basically NSW's version of Dallas Johnson. He'll give you 80 and tackle til the cows come home. You need that starch in defence. He's in my team even with everyone fit. Gallen can play prop.
Fensom hasn't been in top form this year and hasn't showed any glimpses of his best. And no he wouldn't make the Queensland team either before anyone brings that up.

I'm 100% sure Matty Johns said he would put Pearce in at 7 last night. **** I hope they take that advice.

I am sure they will, and NSW will be the better for it. In any case, the more established club combinations they pick the stronger they will be.

In any case, their biggest weakness is the Maroons

Fensom hasn't been in top form this year and hasn't showed any glimpses of his best. And no he wouldn't make the Queensland team either before anyone brings that up.

WTF has that got to do with anything? Before someone brings it up? Why would it come up? You're going to be an annoying little twirp for the next few weeks aren't you?

being from nsw there is no way in hell pearce should even be aloud near this nsw team
nsw need stick with the halfs that got job done last year this is why we always loose there a 6 minute video of how bad pearce is in a nsw jumper

WTF has that got to do with anything? Before someone brings it up? Why would it come up? You're going to be an annoying little twirp for the next few weeks aren't you?

Because I see someone on here bring it up at least once each year and it's getting annoying.

Because I see someone on here bring it up at least once each year and it's getting annoying.
If we didn't have someone called Corey Parker and Fensom was a Qld'er, he would most certainly be in the team. NSW'kers are idiots for not selecting him, especially with captain grub out!

Official team:

1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
3. Josh Morris (Canterbury Bulldogs)
4. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
5. William Hopoate (Parramatta Eels)
6. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
7. Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers – captain)
10. James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
11. Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights)
12. Ryan Hoffman (NZ Warriors)
13. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
16. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bulldogs)
17. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla Sharks)

I am loving the NSW 1 - 7. Dugan is literally the only player in that back 5 that worries me, but even then, he should be in the centres so Moylan can be fullback. Tupou is only there to catch bombs. He has a poor work rate and cant create things. Hopoate is just so overrated its funny. Had a few good games for manly at fullback a few seasons ago and seems to be riding that reputation. Has looked pathetic for the eels this year so his selection is probably the funniest. JMorris hasnt strung 2 good games together for the bulldogs since he moved there. He gets picked on reputation alone. Hodkinson? LOL. Bulldogs are crap at the moment and hes half the reason.

Their forward pack is great, as we have come to expect from NSW.

Farah is going to have to carry that team pretty hard to score points, their spine is awful. Dugan is a great runner but is about as creative as Josh Hoffman, Hodkinson is basically Peter Wallace, and Pearce isn't exactly JT. They've probably got it over us in the forwards but I can't see them winning with their 1-7.

Honest opinion on team

Josh Dugan: I would've personally selected Moylan but Dugan has been in very good form for the Dragons and has experience at this level. Has performed well for the Blues in the past. I can live with it

Daniel Tupou:
Don't think we saw what he is capable of in last years series, he is the NSW Israel Folau. Performed very well for City and deserves to retain his spot.

Josh Morris: Automatic selection nothing to say really

Michael Jennings: Automatic nothing to say

Will Hopoate: Seems to cop a fair bit of shit but he has been there and done it in the past, I'm happy with his selection.

Mitchell Pearce:
I find it bizarre that James Maloney was MOM in City Country and was the best on the field by a mile yet he doesn't get selected. I rate Pearce as a player and think he is top stuff for the Roosters but doesn't take this to the next level. I'm praying he does.

Trent Hodkinson: Scrutinized heavily by all but he deserves loyalty as he won the Blues the series last year and is possibly the best player in the game in pressure situations. Solid defensively as well which is a bonus.

Aaron Woods: Been terrific for the Tigers and was always going to start in the front row. Automatic and not much to say.

Robbie Farah: Automatic nothing to say

James Tamou: He has found some form of late and was i think he has done enough to retain his spot. Would've had him on the bench.

Beau Scott: Was really always going to be there, he played a very underrated role in the series win last year and was going to be picked if fit.

Ryan Hoffman:
Automatic nothing to say, joint NSW player of the year last year.

Josh Jackson: Really pumped to see this guy get selected. He is a workaholic type player who will work himself to a standstill in every game. He has been great for the Bulldogs this year. I rate Jackson as one of the best young players in the comp.

Trent Merrin: Automatic selection nothing to say

Boyd Cordner:
Should've been playing for Australia recently and has been in top form for the Roosters. Unlucky not to be starting.

David Klemmer: Really pumped to see Klemmer in the team. He has the potential to be anything he would be a starter at almost every club, it's just that he plays behind Graham-Tolman is why he doesn't get as many minutes. Did well for Australia last year and deserves his selection.

Andrew Fifita: Was worried he won't get picked, another player in top form that will make a big impact of the bench. I personally feel Fifita has the potential to the best front rower in the world. Pumped to see him there.

Bit disappointing not to see Moylan, Lewis and Maloney but it will be a very competitive series and the Maroons will need to be at their best to win.

GO GET THEM GUYS GIVE THOSE MAROON FUCKING BASTARDS HELL

GO THE BLUES

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Bronco bob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Redux
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.