10/11 Football Thead

You should post in here more often dude! It would be nice to have fresh faces in the football subforum icon_thumbs_u

Yeah, as you can probably tell, we're all bored of each other. :P

LOLZ
To be honest, I only discovered the forum a few days ago... I didn't know about the option to subscribe forums until I saw it on BHQ's survey. :oops:

I will participate and hope you guys can bear with my Porto bias. :mrgreen:

Could've used your knowledge when we signed Raul Meireles!

ningnangnong said:
How is he performing?
His last year at Porto wasn't as good as it could have been, he was clearly with his head elsewhere, where the $$$ was chanting to him...

We're very well off, since we got a better player to subsitute him in João Moutinho! icon_thumbs_u

Darren Bent is on his way out [icon_frown Our best league position in about 10 fucking years, we're actually pushing for Europe ffs (not that we're ready for it anyway) and our best player hands in a transfer request to go to a team in a relegation scrap. Doesn't make any sense at all. 18 million pounds is great money for him, but I see this coming back to bite us on the arse. Gyan has been alright but not good enough to consider him a full time replacement for Bent just yet.

Our yank owner better put his hands in his pockets this transfer window if he wants the club to keep going the way it has been.

Porthoz said:
ningnangnong said:
How is he performing?
His last year at Porto wasn't as good as it could have been, he was clearly with his head elsewhere, where the $$$ was chanting to him...

We're very well off, since we got a better player to subsitute him in João Moutinho! icon_thumbs_u

Ah yes, Moutinho is class. Just a matter of time before he leaves Portugal IMO.

Meireles started very brightly, but picked up an injury about a month back and hasn't really been the same since.

The talent is there to see, and he has a rocket shot on him. Surprised he hasn't scored a few more goals TBH. His goal in the derby yesterday was a belter.

Overall though, I think he's an excellent player and most other supporters feel the same way. He's slotted into his new surroundings very well. I can only see him improving from here on.

On another note, we're being very heavily linked with a move for Luis Suárez. What a signing that would be!

Scotty said:
Darren Bent is on his way out [icon_frown Our best league position in about 10 **** years, we're actually pushing for Europe ffs (not that we're ready for it anyway) and our best player hands in a transfer request to go to a team in a relegation scrap. Doesn't make any sense at all. 18 million pounds is great money for him, but I see this coming back to bite us on the arse. Gyan has been alright but not good enough to consider him a full time replacement for Bent just yet.

Our yank owner better put his hands in his pockets this transfer window if he wants the club to keep going the way it has been.

Aye, losing Bent will be a massive blow. His record at Sunderland is something like one goal for every two games, isn't it? At least you'll be getting 18m for him, hopefully that goes right back into the transfer budget.

One wonders where Villa are getting the money from...Ashley Young could be headed for the door.

Raul always seems to take a bit longer to carburate after injury, but he will undoubtedly give you heaps of value!

Yeah, seems like we breed them for some cashed up club to come and swoop them under our nose... [icon_non

Next in line are probably Hulk, Falcão and Moutinho, with the first two bound to be record signings, since Hulk's clause is a whopping 100M euros, Falcão doesn't have one and they're all signed until 2014 at least.
But I'd prefer to lose them than lose our coach (Vilas Boas), since we're already preparing the next wave of promissing stars...

Hopefully we get to keep them one more year to try and give the CL a good shake, although if we beat Sevilla in our Europa League clash, I think we can go all the way this year! [icon_pray.

Andy Grays interpretation of the offside rule...

offside-rule.jpg

lawlz. Andy Gray is the most pointless commentator ever. If you love Scotland and love someone harp on about how awesome they are, Andy Grays ur man.

I haven't watched any football besides a-league and asian cup for a while now. I think i watched way to much of the world cup :P

Andy Gray is a knobhead. He's biased towards all British teams in europe and again to the "big" 4 in the Premier League. So are a lot of other commentators, but it's good that Gray is finally gone. Hopefully that means he's gone from the FIFA series too. No more "take a bow son" or "cross it, cross it now!"

I've had spanish commentary on because I'm so sick of hearing him. GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL! GOAL! GOAL! GOAL! GOAL! GOAL! GOOOOAAAAALLLL! [icon_razz1

hahaha they really say that in the spanish commentary? if so, awesome. I usually have commentary turned off.

**** YOU RORY DELAP YOU ONE TRICK PONY PEICE OF SHIT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fucking. Hate. Stoke. So. Fucking. Much. :evil:

The ref has been disgusting too. Useless kunt.

Aye, can't stand teams like Stoke. Nothing to their game, just pump it long and hope for the best.

Anyone else see what Scholes did? Fucking cheating Manc scum.

That's fucking disgusting. IMO that sort of offence should be a red. If you get sent for stopping or trying to stop a goal with your hands, you should be sent for trying to score one as well.

I was at a BBQ yesterday and the Suarez world cup incident came up. I was amazed to hear a couple of my mates defend him, saying "He did what he had to do." How the **** can anyone be ok with blatant cheating? It's an abhorrent attitude to have in ANY sport.

Scotty said:
That's **** disgusting. IMO that sort of offence should be a red. If you get sent for stopping or trying to stop a goal with your hands, you should be sent for trying to score one as well.

I was at a BBQ yesterday and the Suarez world cup incident came up. I was amazed to hear a couple of my mates defend him, saying "He did what he had to do." How the **** can anyone be ok with blatant cheating? It's an abhorrent attitude to have in ANY sport.

Agreed.

If I won a match via cheating, it wouldn't feel like a win to me.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • bb_gun
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.