10/11 Football Thead

So Ronaldo's finally retired.

Damn shame.

Best striker we'll ever see. What a player.

I love how his career went where he basically crumbled in 98 when he was the king of the world and then dominated in 2002 when he written off. he played for real after being a cule. but still, can't deny his brilliance.

pennywisealfie said:
he played for real after being a cule. but still, can't deny his brilliance.

I think that speaks volumes about the fella.

Played for Barcelon and Real Madrid, also played for Internazionale and AC Milan. Both sets of clubs with fierce rivalry, yet all the supporters still love him.

**** he was brilliant. Such a shame he got injured.

Such a fantastic player and a joy to watch. The real Ronaldo as far as I'm concerned.

ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:

Played for Barcelon and Real Madrid, also played for Internazionale and AC Milan. Both sets of clubs with fierce rivalry, yet all the supporters still love him.

I don't love him at all, willing to sell out for the highest bidder. But his class on the field was incredible. 4th best player I've ever seen after Messi, Maradona and Zidane.

pennywisealfie said:
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:

I don't love him at all, willing to sell out for the highest bidder. But his class on the field was incredible. 4th best player I've ever seen after Messi, Maradona and Zidane.

Alright, maybe love was too strong a word, but for the most part, there is great mutual respect for his ability.

Did you know that the "Special One" hasn't lost a home game since... 2002! :shock:
Last defeat at home was in his first season with Porto, on the 23rd Feb 2002, when they lost 2-3 to Beira-Mar.

Like him or not, he has since notched 148 games undefeated at home with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Real! [eusa_clap.gi

Haha, I saw that yesterday. It's class!

Apparently the referee had to send him off because of some stupid thing in the rules. Doesn't change the fact it was a ridiculous decision.

Surely that was a lowly conference game. Even if it was a sendable offence you would thing the ref would let it slide.

**** I hate referees.

Porthoz said:
Did you know that the "Special One" hasn't lost a home game since... 2002! :shock:
Last defeat at home was in his first season with Porto, on the 23rd Feb 2002, when they lost 2-3 to Beira-Mar.

Like him or not, he has since notched 148 games undefeated at home with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Real! [eusa_clap.gi

Only just read this, his next home loss comes in about a month.

The Brizz said:
Porthoz said:

Only just read this, his next home loss comes in about a month.
I assume you're talking about Barca's visit, and it's quite possible given they're the best club team in the world at the moment, but do not understimate Mourinho...
He taught a tactical lesson to Guardiola with Inter and will have learned a lot from his humiliating defeat in Camp Nou. If I was a cule, I would be worried tbh.

Not worried at all, he has too many footballers and not enough tough gritty defenders like he did at Inter (Eto'o is the best defensive striker on the planet for instance). His Real team just don't match up well to Barca and that is why they have time and time again under Guardiola been dominated.

The Brizz said:
Not worried at all, he has too many footballers and not enough tough gritty defenders like he did at Inter (Eto'o is the best defensive striker on the planet for instance). His Real team just don't match up well to Barca and that is why they have time and time again under Guardiola been dominated.
Mate, you have no idea how often I've heard a similar line when he was at Porto...
There's a reason why he hasn't lost a single game at home in over 9 years, whether it be the Portuguese League, Premier League, Serie A, UEFA Cup or Champions League! eusa_think

He has never faced a side any where near as good as ours at his home ground except with Inter last year and he doesn't have a setup to combat us at Real. They don't have the defensive capabilities in midfield as Khedira, Alonso and Diarra clearly showed earlier this year.

ROFLZ, that's GOLD! [eusa_doh [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Porto just won the Portuguese title 5 rounds from the comp's end by winning at the Benfica stadium! 25 games played, 23 wins, 2 draws_woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_
This is about the same magnitude as Barca doing that at the Bernabeu against Madrid, or Liverpool at Old Trafford. :twisted:

Right after their players and the refs were in the tunnels, they turned the lights off and turned on the automatic lawn spraying system to prevent the Porto players from celebrating at the home of their bitter rival [icon_non , but the players and the 6000 travelling fans kept celebrating Porto's 25th championship. [icon_razz1 icon_thumbs_u

Unread

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • scobie
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.