10/11 Football Thead

haha. even tho i prefer Benfica, thats awesome. well done. too bad for ur boy Jose losing his home streak.

2 more sleeps till we make it 2 losses at home in a row for Jose [icon_wink

COYS !!!!!

pennywisealfie said:
haha. even tho i prefer Benfica, thats awesome. well done. too bad for ur boy Jose losing his home streak.
We've got a better one than José now... icon_thumbs_u

Can't really understand why you would prefer Benfica being a Barca fan... Benfica is for Portugal what Real is for Spain, while Porto is the Barc of Portugal.
I hate Real with a passion just because of that, like Benfica, they're the "regime's club", so even though Mourinho is at Real... VISCA EL BARCA!

Porthoz said:
pennywisealfie said:

Shame he won't be there for much longer. [icon_wink

ningnangnong said:
Porthoz said:
pennywisealfie said:

Shame he won't be there for much longer. [icon_wink
Actually he might surprise you, because he is a real Porto fan and has been since childhood. Unlike Mourinho who trained Porto as any other club... Business like.
Vilas Boas dixit: "I'm sitting in my dream job and unless the club wants me too, I'm not going anywhere."
He turned down a millionaire offer from Roma apparently!

Having said that, if another Abramovich starts waving loads of cash, who knows? [icon_shru

If he has any ambition, he'll want to test himself in other leagues. icon_smile

ningnangnong said:
If he has any ambition, he'll want to test himself in other leagues. icon_smile
Why? The Portuguese league may not be that highly rated, but we're far from the Mickey Mouse comp most would want to make believe.
Porto won the UEFA cup and the Champions in a row only 8 years ago, and we're the favourites to win the Europa League this season, where btw, there are still another 2 Portuguese teams.

We just bought the 2 most promising players in South America and our current team is quite young, so even if we lose a couple of players to the big money wolves, we could do something special in the CL next season. [icon_pray.

Unfortunately, we can't stay at the top because we can't compete with the big money, so we have to start over every 3 or 4 years. [icon_confu

As a fan, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else either, especially if I was being paid as well as he is, with upwards of 2 mill euro a year... [icon_shru

Porto keeps emulating Barça and trashed Spartak Moscow 5-1 last night. _woohoo_ [eusa_clap.gi

I think their aim is to test themselves in the european supercup against the best team in the world... icon_thumbs_u

i never knew that about benfica/porto. havent got much knowledge about Portuguese football. just picked benfica when i was little for no reason at all. however i havent been too fond of portuguese teams since luis figos switch and now coz of ronaldo.

pennywisealfie said:
i never knew that about benfica/porto. havent got much knowledge about Portuguese football. just picked benfica when i was little for no reason at all. however i havent been too fond of portuguese teams since luis figos switch and now coz of ronaldo.
Yeah, I can understand that. I never liked Ronaldo, but was a big fan of Figo and bitterly disappointed by his defection from Barca to Real... [icon_thumbs_do

My two favorite players however are Madjer and Deco! icon_thumbs_u

Deco is a scum bag and he was very valuable for Barca in his short stint. I hate guys that dive, whinge and defect to other countries! I love Figo even though he defected the guy was a master for Barca and got gradually worse while at Real so I am not bitter, the amount of easy goals he laid on for Anderson, Giovanni, Kluivert and Rivaldo among others was awesome!

Oh I remember that game! Figo fucking dominated that game. England looked sooo good early. and then Figo weaved his magic. Nuno Gomes looked good too.

and yeah, I hated Deco before he came to Barca haha.

wow, nice work, Portugirls. :P

For the football purest and neutral make sure you boys watch the Spurs-v-Arse clash this morning, it had it all from minute one right to the end

Once again hopefully we farked up their chance for the Title, frustrating but we should have had all 3 points from that game COYS !!!

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Hurrijo
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Organix
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.