13/14 Football Thread

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Spwn, I think you what you were trying to say was 'Balotelli'. :winky:

Have you got a team yet, or are you remaining neutral for now?

Spwn, I think you what you were trying to say was 'Balotelli'. :winky:

Have you got a team yet, or are you remaining neutral for now?

Oh lol, I guess my joke wasn't very obvious, I meant BaloEGOtelli as a joke haha.

I don't really know if I support a team, I love watching football just for the entertainment of the game but I don't feel particularly passionate about a team. I do have many players I love to watch though, Dzeko, Aguero, Y. Toure, RVP, Vidic, Bale, Arfa, Mata, Podolski, Luis, etc. I'm more a fan of the game and the players than any particular team.

Last edited:

Spwn follows the team which has the most players from Egyptia in it.

Arry was right!

Last edited by a moderator:
12/13 Football Thread

Any one else disappointed with the FIFA team of the year? 10 players from Barcelona and Real Madrid and Ramadel Falcao as the 11th player.

There's so many other great players in other leagues, Zlatan, RVP, Pirlo and many others. I know it's selected by other players but still disappointing that out of the whole world 11 players were chosen from 3 teams in the same league.

not at all. In fact it's the most correct one I have seen in years, however I would have swapped out Xabi Alonso for Pirlo. But usually these things are criminally wrong, so to get 10 out of 11 right is good. They are all from La Liga coz its the best league.

You are spot on Penny, but it is at the same time a sad state of affairs that more and more the talent is spread amongst less teams, although Barca does deserve all the credit for raising most of its own stars!

Here's hoping football finds a way to share its wealth amongst more clubs and more countries. It's sportingly criminal to see Leagues like La Liga or EPL generate more revenue in TV rights for their internal competitions, than all the other european competitions put together...
It may be a while before we see a club from even Italy or Germany come near a Champions League trophee. :001_unsure:

not at all. In fact it's the most correct one I have seen in years, however I would have swapped out Xabi Alonso for Pirlo. But usually these things are criminally wrong, so to get 10 out of 11 right is good. They are all from La Liga coz its the best league.

They are all from Barca and Real because they are the best two teams. Outside of them though I wouldn't call it the best league as there is virtually no competition for the big two. Falcao will be poached pretty soon and Atletico will disappear as a "contender".

just because Barca and Real are amazing, doesn't mean that the league sucks because of it. The level is elite. Let's not forget here, Atletico and Athletic Club played in the Europa League final, last year, with Athletic Club defeating Man Utd along the way, who currently lead La Liga. Also Malaga topped their group in the UCL group stage. Spains champions (Real) beat down on Englands champions (Man City) in their 2 UCL games.

Besides, England has become a 2 horse race as well with City & Utd.

I wish they had a salary cap setup in Europe... It has become far too predictable and boring...

just set up a european super league. the only football worth watching is Champions League, so why not have it every week?

RE: 12/13 Football Thread

So.....Eden Hazard brings the lolz.

harzardcunt.gif

am I the only one who thinks the kid deserved it? that was disgraceful time wasting tactics. Kid should be banned from football for that shit.

RE: 12/13 Football Thread

Apparently he tweeted before the game that he was the king of time wasting.

Hazard was stupid and should know better, whether he was actually trying to kick the ball or not. He should be fined and banned and rightfully so. That said, the little chav made it clear on twitter that he intended to waste time, and it was obvious that is what he was doing when the altercation happened. He's 17 or 18 as far as I'm aware, I think that's old enough to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.