13/14 Football Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Watching the Melbourne derby in the A-League tonight, and was just thinking how far we've come since the days of the NSL... man, that was amateur hour.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

I agree Ning and I would say how far we have come from even 4-5 years ago. The quality of the football that the Roar have set as a benchmark has lifted everyone else because they all realise that results and crowds improve when you pass neatly and attack often. The Heart were terrific tonight if not wasteful, probably could have won 5-1 lol!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Haha yep, was a pretty entertaining match. They missed so many chances, although Thomas did well in goal for Victory.

Loved seeing Aloisi's passion on the sideline. :rockon:

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Jeepers creepers, tomorrow's Sydney vs Newcastle game is nearly sold out!

Gonna be a belter of an atmosphere. Can't wait! :rockon:

Del Piero in the flesh. :rockon:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Must. Find. Stream.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Wow, what an awesome afternoon of football. That certainly didn't disappoint!

Del Piero is a ****ing genius. His class was obvious every time he received possession - his dribbling, vision, movement... everything was just so far ahead of everyone else on the pitch, it's unreal. He was marked by like two or three players at times, yet still managed to fashion a chance with some nimble footwork and trickery. The only thing he's missing is pace - which is understandable for an old timer!

Atmosphere was electric. The whole place was buzzing for the full 90 minutes, with people still entering the stadium right up until halftime.

Jets. :rockon: Brilliant performance. Craig Goodwin is a talent! Keep an eye on him, lads.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

On our end was awesome as well, we put 5 past Melb. Was awesome.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

On our end was awesome as well, we put 5 past Melb. Was awesome.

EPIC!!!!

Ange can get f#cked acted like a dickhead tonight, his pist match presser was pathetic. We were masterful and look set to be in the top 2-3 without breaking a sweat again.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Who needs Del Piero when you've got Heskey? :rockon:

Lads, what happened tonight? Done over by the Westies!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Heskey has been quite awesome. I must say it's great the A-League managed to sign two stars like ADP and Heskey, they've certainly raised the A-League's profile internationally.

Emerton scored a beautiful goal, all class the way he slotted it in over the keeper.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Oh and I hope that Ballack signing rumor comes to fruition, even if it's only for what's remaining of the season.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Tip for the future, spwn... you can't 'slot' it 'over' the keeper. :laugh::tongue_smilie:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Don't be all grammatically pedantic on me Ning! :tongue_smilie:
Point taken though :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Ballack has retired broncospwn, not gonna make an appearance in the Aleague unfortunately. I watched the roar game on TV while trying to study, it was very frustrating. To be honest we looked knackered, and I think we miss Franjic a lot on the right.

Ning, you will be pretty angry I suppose after Suarez was denied an obvious winner for 'pool?

I had mixed feelings after the Man U Chelsea game. I wanted Chelsea to win as I'm keen to see SAF not win another League title (yes, that's completely out of spite), but Chelsea are a bunch of khunts. I think the only feeling which would come close is seeing Hitler punch Gary Glitter in the face.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Ning, you will be pretty angry I suppose after Suarez was denied an obvious winner for 'pool?

Fucking hell man, don't even get me started. I don't care if I sound like a whinging bastard who feels sorry for myself, but EVERY FUCKING WEEK a major decision goes against us. It's fucking ridiculous, these blokes are as bad as the refs in the NRL FFS.

Then to top it all of, the fucking Mancs have absolutely every decision go in their favour against Chelsea. **** EM ALL!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Right on!

I mean, look at this bullshit:

1351438028585.gif

Not even remotely offside.

At least Suarez' earlier celebration was hilarious:

LUIS-CELEBRATION-2.gif

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

What is everyones thoughts on Mark Clattenburg's alleged verbal spray on Mikel and Mata?

I see it as a fair coincidence that this happens very quickly after there monster sook over Terry being banned for being a racist khunt. Chelsea ever since Mourinho was there have been the worst pressurers of referees on the planet ( I watch a lot of La Liga and they are worse than any team in Spain). I highly doubt Clattenburg would have been stupid enough to racially abuse anyone and if he swore or got angry at them good on him I am sick if seeing whingey Chelsea players getting in ref's faces!

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.